Last-Minute Halloween Look: Donald and Hillary Hair
For those who have procrastinated on a Halloween costume, we’re here to help you pull a hit together fast. All you have to do is choose between Donald or Hillary, then follow these simple steps from Siobhan Quinlan, a hairstylist at Art + Autonomy in New York City, to pull off one of these power ‘dos—no wig required!
Donald’s Cocky Comb-Over
- Step 1: Using a comb, tease a few sections of hair at your crown.
- Step 2: Create a deep side part.
- Step 3: Apply gel, like Oribe Rock Hard Gel ($39, oribe.com) from mid-lengths to ends only, so that the top and sides stay fluffy. Tuck hair behind your ears.
- Step 4: Lock it in place with hairspray like, R + Co. Vicious Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray ($29, randco.com).
Complete the look: Load on bronzer and throw on an old suit.
Hillary’s Boss Lady Bob
- Step 1: Finger-comb a volumizing mousse through damp hair. Try John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse ($6, ulta.com).
- Step 2: Flip your head upside down and using a blowdryer, rough dry hair to create lift at the roots.
- Step 3: Flip your head back over and divide your hair into three sections: left, right, and top. Using a large curling iron, twist two-inch sections back and away from both sides of your face, then curl the top section back.
- Step 4: Brush out the curls, then if you need more volume, tease the hair on top of your head and in front of your ears, then brush the ends so they curl under.
- Step 5: Make a side part, then finish with hairspray.
Complete the look: Apply a matte foundation, lots of rosy blush, black eyeliner, mascara, and a swipe of coral or brick red lipstick. Throw on a set of pearls and a pantsuit.
If your hair is long...
Fake a short cut. Gather hair into a low ponytail, securing the elastic a few inches from your ends. Then roll the length of the ponytail underneath and secure to the back of your head with bobby pins. For Donald’s look, roll tightly. For Hillary’s style, make it loser to create the illusion of a bob.