The 21 Best Anti-Aging Neck Products for Smoother, Firmer Skin
If you've ventured into using anti-aging products for your face, you might have forgotten one important detail: taking care of your neck. Even though we would rather not admit it, our necks are one of the first places to show signs of aging, which means adding products into your daily skincare routine—specifically for your neck—are super important.
But before diving into which anti-aging products for your neck you should start implementing into your normal skincare, we spoke with Joyce Imahiyerobo-Ip, MD, a board-certified dermatologist and expert in cosmetic, surgical, and medical dermatology to help answer some of the most common questions when it comes to using anti-aging products.
What Causes Neck Wrinkles, and How Can I Prevent Them?
"Since the skin on your neck is thinner than the skin on your face and has few oil-producing glands (called sebaceous glands), the skin is more sensitive and more prone to showing the signs of aging," Dr. Imahiyerobo-Ip says. "Any good skincare routine includes products to correct and products to protect. I love products that have both corrective and protective properties. The neck can develop brown and red spots, as well as fine lines and wrinkles, so I always treat my neck with a corrective serum to stimulate collagen and prevent wrinkles and then use a sunscreen to prevent brown spots and dyspigmentation."
But Why Do I Need Specific Anti-aging Products For My Neck—Can't I Use Products I Already Have?
"Over time, the neck can develop brown spots, irregular pigmentation, broken capillaries and sagginess," Dr. Imahiyerobo-Ip says. "Since the neck skin has fewer sebaceous glands it can also suffer from excessive dryness and irritation. In order to keep the skin on your neck healthy, you do want skincare products that will focus on hydration as well as products that will stimulate collagen without being overly irritating, as the neck skin can be more prone to scarring."
What Ingredients Help Reduce Neck Lines and Wrinkles?
"Your best defense against discoloration is sunscreen," Dr. Imahiyerobo-Ip says. "SPF is important because the neck is highly susceptible to photo-aging (aging caused by sun exposure). When you are trying to fight fine lines and wrinkles on the neck, look for ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, which draws water to the skin and helps to make it look more plumped and less wrinkled.
"Like the face, the neck benefits from antioxidants that can help fight free radicals that contribute to premature aging. Firming peptides and growth factors that stimulate collagen and elastin are also helpful for fighting gravity."
At What Age Should You Start Using Anti-Aging Products for Your Neck?
Since some people can begin showing early signs of aging in their necks during the mid-30s, Dr. Imahiyerobo-Ip suggests using neck creams in the early 30s as a form of pre-juvenation. "By starting neck creams early, you can prevent some of the signs of aging that would show up in the late 30s and early 40s," she says.
When Will I Start to See the Effects of Anti-aging Products?
When starting any new skincare routine, Dr. Imahiyerobo-Ip always recommends waiting about six to 12 weeks to begin seeing results. Beauty is pain (and patience), of course!
Whether you're searching for a product to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles or something a little stronger to help improve elasticity. Below, we've rounded up the 21 best top-rated anti-aging neck firming creams to help get you started.
- Best Overall: StriVectin-TL Tightening Neck Cream
- Best on Amazon: Body Merry Age Defense Neck Cream
- Best Multitasker: RoC Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Daily Moisturizer SPF 30
- Best for All Skin Types: It Cosmetics Confidence In A Neck Cream Moisturizer
- Best Lightweight Neck Cream: Fresh Black Tea Corset Cream Firming Moisturizer
- Best Organic: Eminence Organic Skin Care Hibiscus Ultra Lift Neck Cream
- Best Retinol Neck Cream: Kleem Organics Anti-Aging Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face, Neck & Décolleté
- Best Night Neck Cream: Estée Lauder Resilience Multi-Effect Night Tri-Peptide Face and Neck Creme
- Best Value: L'Oreal Paris Skincare Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Face and Neck Moisturizer with Pro-Retinol
- Best Amino Acids-Infused: Perricone MD Cold Plasma Sub-D Firming Neck Treatment
- Best for Acne-Prone Skin: Hydropeptide Power Lift Advanced Ultra-Rich Moisturizer
- Best for Sensitive Skin: Clarins Extra-Firming Neck Anti-Wrinkle Rejuvenating Cream
- Best for Mature Skin: Jan Marini Juveneck Neck Cream
- Best Color-Correcting: NeoStrata Triple Firming Anti-aging Neck Cream
- Best for Sun Spots: Exuviance Age Reverse Antiaging Toning Neck Cream
- Best Vitamin C-Infused: Tarte Maracuja Neck Treatment
- Most Hydrating: Dr. Brandt Do Not Age Moisturizing Neck Cream
- Best for Deep Wrinkles: No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Day Cream SPF 30
- Best SPF: Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen
- Best Serum: Dermalogica Neck Fit Contour Serum
- Best Natural: Bareminerals Ageless Phyto-Retinol Neck Cream
Read on to learn why these neck creams are our top picks to test out.