3 Fresh Ways to Style a Little Black Dress
That staple in your closet is more versatile than you think—here’s how to style a little black dress for any occasion.
Smart layering keeps you comfy and professional. A silk scarf adds polish, but if the office heat is blasting, tie it around the handle of your carry-all tote.
- To buy: The Greenlay Dress, $295; mmlafleur.com.
- Regent Blazer, $198; jcrew.com.
- Natural Swirl Silk Square Scarf, $99; echonewyork.com.
- James Avery Cascading Circles Ear Statement Hooks, $160; dillards.com.
- The Longitude Tote, $245; awaytravel.com.
- Hanes Hosiery Micro Rib Tight, $10; hanes.com.
- The Lizzy Boot, $268; loyalfootwear.com.
Your basic LBD goes semiformal when you wear a sheer blouse underneath and incorporate sparkly details, like a feathery belt and glitter-laden shoes.
Grab the dress instead of your jeans for a varsity-inspired weekend look. A lively beanie brings a pop of color.