Clothing Kids (and Parents) Will Love
For the Kid Who Loves to Mix and (Not) Match
- If kids could stay in Onesies until the age of, oh, 18, getting your child dressed would literally be a snap. Instead, they quickly grow into sartorial statement-makers who have strong opinions about what they will and will not leave the house in. To the rescue: lines such as Kit + Lili. Each season, all its colorful items―dresses, tops, leggings―are designed to be worn together, thanks to complementary patterns, which makes getting dressed in the morning a breeze.
- To buy: Center, Kit + Lili dress and leggings. Wovenplay necklace. Keds sneakers.
For the Kid Who Bristles at the Thought of Wearing a Tie
- This long-sleeved T-shirt features a screen-printed version, which leaves him looking collected but cool when the event calls for dressy casual.
- To buy: Rock & Rattle T-shirt, $25, urbanbabyrunway.com. Old Navy shirt. Brooks Brothers jacket. Crew-cuts by J.Crew pants. Sperry shoes.
For the Kid Who Balks at Putting on a Hat and Gloves
- Which sounds more compelling: “Don’t forget your hat” or “Don’t forget your mohawk”? Thought so. Pint-size punk rockers will love this wool head-warmer. And fun spider mittens will keep hands toasty. (Also in pink.)
- To buy: Infantile Mohawk hat, $25, infantile.etsy.com. Spyder animal mittens, $35, kidsportvail.com. Baby Eggi shirt. Kico Kids hoodie. Appaman skirt.
For the Kid Who Wants to Wear Play Clothes Everywhere
Turn her into an “undercover” ballerina/princess/etc. with a fanciful petticoat to wear with skirts and dresses. If your son insists on wearing his Superman cape, talk him out of the phone booth and let him express himself via a toned-down tee that comes with detachable letters and numbers. (S-U-P-E-R-M-A-N.)
To buy: On her, Oops! Your Slip Is Showing pettiskirt, $50, email@example.com. Little Marc Jacobs tunic. Children’s Place shoes. On him: Shout Out! Clothing T-shirt, $30, shoutoutclothing.com. H&M jeans.
For the Kid Who Refuses to Go Out in a Jacket
Let him nix the coat for a just-as-warm hoodie-vest combo. Girls will love this pink-and-purple jacket that has 11 pockets for hidden treasures (a few trinkets are included).
To buy: On him, Urban Baby Runway hoodie. Janie and Jack vest, $45, janieandjack.com. Mini Boden shirt and jeans. On her: TwirlyGirl Treasure Pocket jacket, $102, twirlygirlshop.com. Ralph Lauren Childrenswear jeans.