Great products that prove there’s always room for improvement―whether it’s a pretty lip color that doesn’t go anywhere or a rich skin balm that works everywhere.
1. Bobbi Brown Palette, $10, andComponents, $20 to $22 each This customized kit holds all your picks for eyes, cheeks, lips, and skin. Plus, it has small covers over the creams to prevent them from mingling with the powders. To buy:bobbibrown.com.
2. Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 20, $37.50 Loose powders even out skin tone, but they’re messy. Twist this compact’s grinder to shave off one perfect dose. To buy:elizabetharden.com.
3. Dr. Brandt Lineless Lines No More, $55 With a few strokes, this cream fills fine lines to reduce their appearance instantly while also treating them over time with peptides. To buy:drbrandtskincare.com.
4. Mark Go With the Grains Exfoliating Beads, $9 Turn a dollop of your favorite face cleanser into a skin-smoothing exfoliant with some of these micro-fine rice-bran granules. To buy:meetmark.com.
5. Molton Brown Desert Bloom Ultrabalm, $38 When all else fails, try this seriously rich salve with plant oils. It works on hands, lips, elbows, knees, and even your hair to tame flyaways. To buy:moltonbrown.com.
6. Luster Whitening On-the-Go, $20 Unlike most whiteners, these easy-to-apply ampules brighten veneers and crowns along with natural teeth. Toss in a purse and use twice daily. To buy:walgreens.com for stores.
7. Covergirl Outlast Lipstain, $8 The marker-like applicator precisely colors and defines lips. One coat lasts for hours―and won’t come off on a glass. In 10 shades. To buy: At drugstores.
2 of 3Gentl & Hyers
Flattering Colors for Everyone
One of life’s undeniable truths: You have better things to do with your time than wonder whether a makeup color is right for you. Fortunately, these 12 new shades look gloriously good on anyone, regardless of skin tone.
For EyesSheer, slightly shimmery picks that enhance all eye colors and brighten lids.
For CheeksSubtly warm pinks look natural on anyone. The light-reflecting bronzer gives every complexion a glow. Middle row: 1. ck Calvin Klein Beauty Flush With Desire Velvet Blush in Desire,unfortunately, this product is no longer available. Find similar products at sephora.com. 2. Sue Devitt Silky Blush in Los Angeles, $20, beauty.com. 3. Nars Cream Blush in Constantinople, $25, narscosmetics.com. 4. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer, $30, esteelauder.com.
For LipsSheer nudes, berry stains, and glossy, gold-flecked roses play up lips and add shine.
True luxuries don’t have to break the bank. These affordable offerings are worth every penny.
1. Annick Goutal Un Matin D’Orage Eau de Toilette, $29 This roll-on scent was created to evoke the fresh smell of a garden― filled with gardenias, magnolias, and lemons―right after a rainstorm. To buy: saksfifthavenue.com.
2. Boots Original Beauty Formula Bath Foam, $13 Get the kinks out by drawing a bath with this bergamot and clary-sage foam. To buy:target.com.
3. Ecotools Bamboo Brush Set, $17 for five brushes These beautiful and affordable brushes are made of sustainable bamboo, and the soft synthetic bristles are cruelty-free. To buy:ulta.com.
4. Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Shampoo, $6.50 The company’s new line of pearly shampoos and luxe conditioners leaves hair soft and pampers dam-aged strands with wheat proteins. To buy: At drugstores.
5. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Night Health Bedtime Face Cream, $55 The rich cream helps repair your skin overnight, while its chamomile and lavender oils lull you to sleep. To buy:origins.com.
6. Aveda Comforting Tea, $24 Often served at Aveda spas, this tea contains organic peppermint leaves and licorice root to soothe the body and clear a cloudy mind. To buy:aveda.com.