Note-Writing Tips for Any Occasion
Sometimes an email or a text is totally appropriate, but in professional situations and those where you have something more substantial to express, we recommend going the handwritten route. Here are a few examples of when we suggest putting pen to paper:
- Thank those you spoke with during job interviews.
- Got a raise or promotion? Show your boss that you appreciate his or her effort on your behalf.
- A close friend’s grandmother passed away and you’re not sure what to say, but you can offer heartfelt sympathy in writing.
- You see that your favorite professor from college won a major award; handwritten congratulations are in order.
- You goofed, big time, and forgot your Aunt Wendy’s birthday—send her a letter.