How to Pack Anything
Smart strategies for stowing your belongings, from accessories to sleepwear.
Accessories (Earrings, Necklaces, Scarves)
- Keep necklaces protected and kink-free "by threading them through drinking straws, then putting the filled straws in toothbrush holders," says Anne McAlpin, author of Pack It Up.
- Store earrings in a day-of-the-week pill container, or cut out a small cardboard square and punch them through.
- Put all the jewelry you intend to wear with a certain outfit in a sandwich bag and pin it to one of the clothing items.
- Toss silk scarves near the top of your bag to prevent them from getting crushed.
- For narrow belts: Wind them into coils and place each one in a zipper-sealed bag. Put every bag in a shoe.
- For larger versions: Fit them around the edges of your bag. Their size and width make them less likely to snake about.
Next: Blouses, Shirts, Tees
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Date night can take on lots of forms: extreme, creative, outdoor and offbeatR...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Doctors in India are baffled over an 8-year-old boy whose hands have ballooned ...
Known for their wonderfully wacky design sensibility and large family (seven kid...
from POPSUGAR Home
CHICAGO (AP) -- Hostess Brands plans to close the suburban Chicago bakery where ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
While commonly seen in the Pacific Northwest, western sword fern ( Polystichum...