How to Pack Anything
Smart strategies for stowing your belongings, from accessories to sleepwear.
Accessories (Earrings, Necklaces, Scarves)
- Keep necklaces protected and kink-free "by threading them through drinking straws, then putting the filled straws in toothbrush holders," says Anne McAlpin, author of Pack It Up.
- Store earrings in a day-of-the-week pill container, or cut out a small cardboard square and punch them through.
- Put all the jewelry you intend to wear with a certain outfit in a sandwich bag and pin it to one of the clothing items.
- Toss silk scarves near the top of your bag to prevent them from getting crushed.
- For narrow belts: Wind them into coils and place each one in a zipper-sealed bag. Put every bag in a shoe.
- For larger versions: Fit them around the edges of your bag. Their size and width make them less likely to snake about.
Next: Blouses, Shirts, Tees
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you know you can recycle those ripped pantyhose? No? What about printer cartridges? Seventy percent of used ink cartridges are thrown into landfills, where it will take approximately 450 years...”
Most Friends fans love Monica Geller’s ’90s-chic apartment, but hate...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Children with simple cases of appendicitis may be safely treated with antibioti...
If you harbor an obsession with centuries-old homes, you might already be hooked...
from POPSUGAR Home
If you're skeptical, don't be. Read more: Avocado Reci...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
It takes a combination of many design elements to make a room beautiful and wel...