How to Pack Anything
Smart strategies for stowing your belongings, from accessories to sleepwear.
Accessories (Earrings, Necklaces, Scarves)
- Keep necklaces protected and kink-free "by threading them through drinking straws, then putting the filled straws in toothbrush holders," says Anne McAlpin, author of Pack It Up.
- Store earrings in a day-of-the-week pill container, or cut out a small cardboard square and punch them through.
- Put all the jewelry you intend to wear with a certain outfit in a sandwich bag and pin it to one of the clothing items.
- Toss silk scarves near the top of your bag to prevent them from getting crushed.
- For narrow belts: Wind them into coils and place each one in a zipper-sealed bag. Put every bag in a shoe.
- For larger versions: Fit them around the edges of your bag. Their size and width make them less likely to snake about.
Next: Blouses, Shirts, Tees
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Yes, they’re annoying--and, yes, there are ways to deal. ...
Your square footage is set in stone, but if your space feels stuffed with stuff,...
from POPSUGAR Home
Chocolate bourbon bacon pie is never a mistake. Read more: #Hpfo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
It’s back-to-school time, and one great way to support your budding or independ...