Spend Money to Save Money
Pay a little more up front, and it can add up to big savings in the long run.
- Get a vacuum sealer for wine and champagne and you'll never toss another half-empty bottle.
- Join a wholesale club like BJ's or Sam's Club.
- Buy everyday ingredients in smart, resealable packaging―like tomato paste or pesto in a tube. They cost a bit more, but there's no waste.
- Instead of buying expensive bags of prewashed greens, purchase a salad spinner and do it yourself for a fraction of the price.
- Break your $5-a-day coffee habit. Buy a good-quality espresso maker and get your caffeine rush at home for less.