The Best Bargains You’ve Never Heard Of
You don't have to deprive yourself to improve your bottom line. These secret discounts and freebies allow you to live your life the way you like to, for less.
2 Companies That Give Cash Back for Paperless Billing
These businesses pay you for the privilege of decluttering your mailbox.
- Allstate Insurance: Up to 5 percent off your auto premium.
- Progressive Insurance: A percentage off your monthly bill (depending on the policy) when you enroll in the paperless billing program and/or elect direct payment from your bank account.
9 Discounts You Get With AAA Membership
The card you whip out when you’ve got a flat also delivers unexpected savings. (To sign up, go to aaa.com. Membership costs about $50 a year.)
- Best Western hotels: Up to 20 percent off room rates.
- Hard Rock Café and Landry’s restaurants: 10 percent off.
- LensCrafters and Pearle Vision: 30 percent off eye exams, eyewear, sunglasses, and accessories.
- Hilton Worldwide hotels: At least 5 percent off room rates.
- Hyatt Hotels: 10 percent off room rates.
- Target.com: 10 percent off online purchases (through AAA.com).
- Starwood hotels: 5 to 15 percent off room rates.
9 Deals You Get With AARP Membership
These amazing rates are exclusively for the 50+ crowd. (Go to aarp.org to enroll. Membership costs $16 annually.)
- Avis, Budget, and Hertz: Up to 35 percent off car rentals.
- Borders and Waldenbooks: 10 percent off paperbacks.
- Hampton Inn: 10 percent off room rates.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines: 5 percent off tickets.
- Ramada Inn: 20 percent off room rates.
- Starwood Hotels: 5 to 25 percent off room rates.