The Right Questions to Ask
Your Child's TeacherPersonally inquire about the teacher’s background. You’ll learn more about her character this way than by judging her credentials on paper. If the school doesn’t allow you to choose a teacher, at least find out what she expects from you and your child.
What to Ask
- How did you get into teaching? What do you like about it?
- What’s on the curriculum? What activities do you do?
- What does my child need to take to class?
- Will my child be taking any standardized tests this year? If so, how can I help him prepare?
- What are your expectations for my child? What improvements or achievements do you hope to see in him this year?
- How are the kids assessed? Solely by testing or by effort and participation?
- How are students disciplined?
- How and when can I contact you with questions or concerns?
Next: Your Fiancé
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Technology and medicine are working together in a smart new way - by putting sp...
The allure of living in a sprawling prefab nestled on a scenic plot of land is u...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
When architect Jeff Sherman found this row house in the Prospect Heights neighb...