The Right Questions to Ask
Your Child's TeacherPersonally inquire about the teacher’s background. You’ll learn more about her character this way than by judging her credentials on paper. If the school doesn’t allow you to choose a teacher, at least find out what she expects from you and your child.
What to Ask
- How did you get into teaching? What do you like about it?
- What’s on the curriculum? What activities do you do?
- What does my child need to take to class?
- Will my child be taking any standardized tests this year? If so, how can I help him prepare?
- What are your expectations for my child? What improvements or achievements do you hope to see in him this year?
- How are the kids assessed? Solely by testing or by effort and participation?
- How are students disciplined?
- How and when can I contact you with questions or concerns?
Next: Your Fiancé
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
The largest recorded Ebola outbreak in history has led the U.S. Peace Corps to ...
Flower crown 101: how to rock Summer's most romantic trend - Beauty 19 emo...
from POPSUGAR Home
The next hot superfood just might be bird seed. Read more: Quin...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
“When we first saw this flat, it was pretty dark and in bad condition, but we f...