The Right Questions to Ask
Your Child's TeacherPersonally inquire about the teacher’s background. You’ll learn more about her character this way than by judging her credentials on paper. If the school doesn’t allow you to choose a teacher, at least find out what she expects from you and your child.
What to Ask
- How did you get into teaching? What do you like about it?
- What’s on the curriculum? What activities do you do?
- What does my child need to take to class?
- Will my child be taking any standardized tests this year? If so, how can I help him prepare?
- What are your expectations for my child? What improvements or achievements do you hope to see in him this year?
- How are the kids assessed? Solely by testing or by effort and participation?
- How are students disciplined?
- How and when can I contact you with questions or concerns?
Next: Your Fiancé
“[Photo by Brandi Welles on Inspired By This] When it comes to picking your bridal party, chances are you’ve chosen your MOH for countless reasons. Sister? Cousin? BFF? Woman who will throw (or help...”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Princeton University has begun vaccinating nearly 6,000 students to try to stop...
This season, skip the bottle of wine and give your new home-owning friends one o...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Once-worn clothes piled up on the chair, stacks of unread magazines teetering b...