The Right Questions to Ask
Your Child's TeacherPersonally inquire about the teacher’s background. You’ll learn more about her character this way than by judging her credentials on paper. If the school doesn’t allow you to choose a teacher, at least find out what she expects from you and your child.
What to Ask
- How did you get into teaching? What do you like about it?
- What’s on the curriculum? What activities do you do?
- What does my child need to take to class?
- Will my child be taking any standardized tests this year? If so, how can I help him prepare?
- What are your expectations for my child? What improvements or achievements do you hope to see in him this year?
- How are the kids assessed? Solely by testing or by effort and participation?
- How are students disciplined?
- How and when can I contact you with questions or concerns?
Next: Your Fiancé
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
If you loved the following eight celebrity couples’ weddings, you’ll...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Sierra Leone voted to pass a new amendment to its health act, imposing possible...
The Everygirl takes us inside Alaina Kaczmarski's awe-inspiring Chicago hom...
from POPSUGAR Home
Mike Francesa, a radio host on New York City's WFAN, is never short on opi...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
When I think of a secretary desk, I think of my dad’s home office while I was g...