The Right Questions to Ask
A HousecleanerBefore you give someone access to your home, get to know the potential employee’s past. And don’t make any final hires until you have met your cleaner, because a gut reaction goes a long way.
What to Ask
- Do you bring your own equipment and cleaning supplies, or will I provide them?
- Will you ever bring someone to clean with you?
- What if you’re sick? Will you send someone else, or will I have to wait until your next scheduled visit?
- Do you have a green card or a work visa? (Ask this if you’re not hiring from an agency.)
- Are you bonded and insured with liability coverage? (If not, check with your insurance company to see what your coverage is.)
- How do you like to be contacted? On the phone? In a note?
- Could I talk to other people you’ve cleaned for?
- How often do you plan to clean things like the refrigerator? Drapes? Windows? Baseboards?
Next: Your Child's Teacher
“If you arrange the refrigerator properly, you'll not only be able to find everything, but you're also less likely to waste food....”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
B vitamins have long been known to play a key role in metabolism and energy ext...
It seems fitting that Drew Barrymore, the girl next door who's also Hollywo...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
A white box covered in Teflon-coated fiberglass fabric in the Netherlands. A Cor...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Most woodworking projects can be streamlined down to simply making a box. That'...