The Right Questions to Ask
A HousecleanerBefore you give someone access to your home, get to know the potential employee’s past. And don’t make any final hires until you have met your cleaner, because a gut reaction goes a long way.
What to Ask
- Do you bring your own equipment and cleaning supplies, or will I provide them?
- Will you ever bring someone to clean with you?
- What if you’re sick? Will you send someone else, or will I have to wait until your next scheduled visit?
- Do you have a green card or a work visa? (Ask this if you’re not hiring from an agency.)
- Are you bonded and insured with liability coverage? (If not, check with your insurance company to see what your coverage is.)
- How do you like to be contacted? On the phone? In a note?
- Could I talk to other people you’ve cleaned for?
- How often do you plan to clean things like the refrigerator? Drapes? Windows? Baseboards?
Next: Your Child's Teacher
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Personal trainer extraordinaire and former The Biggest Loser star Jillian Michae...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Many women can’t stomach large and sometimes smelly prenatal vitamins. Bu...
If you love what celebrity designer Windsor Smith did to Gwyneth Paltrow's ...
from POPSUGAR Home
So. Much. Cheese. Read more: How the French Eat , French Life ,...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
California wild grape is known best for its sensational fall colors, but it is...