The Right Questions to Ask
A Financial PlannerAny money manager can call himself a financial planner. Check with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (cfp.net) to see whether yours is certified, which indicates that he or she has a specific level of experience and training.
What to Ask
- How long have you been a financial planner? How many clients do you have?
- What experience do you have in the specific area I need help with?
- How do you get paid? On a fee-only basis or by commission?
- Are you affiliated with a bank or a mutual fund? Will you be pushing the company’s products?
- Do you get paid for referrals (to lawyers, accountants, etc.)?
- Will we meet just once, or will we have an ongoing consultation?
- Do you work by phone or only in person?
- Will you offer investing options or just one recommendation?
- Will I meet with you personally or with one of your colleagues?
Next: A Housecleaner
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
If you were just thinking about how you’d like more artisanal home goods a...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A Central California company has issued a voluntary nationwide recall of specif...
Source: Justin Coit via Domaine Home When we spotted Jessica Alba's Beverly...
from POPSUGAR Home
Stella!!! Read more: Chrissy Teigen , Recipes , Beer , Stella...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Creative families need creative spaces. For Autumn Sproles; her husband, Chri...