The Right Questions to Ask
The BossKnowing what is important to your boss may affect how you’ll do at a company or in a particular department. Her surroundings can tell you a lot, too, like whether she’s serious (door closed, pristine office) or more relaxed (open door, pictures of her kids and dog on her desk).
What to Ask
- How often do you like your team to check in?
- How will my work be evaluated? And how often?
- How often do reviews occur?
- Besides performance, how are compensation and bonuses determined?
- What opportunities will I have for career advancement?
- Could you describe what a typical day would be like in this job? What percentage of my day is likely to be filled with meetings?
- Is there a formal system of mentoring here?
Next: A Politician
Most Popular Galleries
“Despite definitely knowing better, you popped a pimple and it erupted. Rather than lecturing you on how bad it is to pick at your skin—because it is a bad idea—here’s how to cover it up: A...”
All Ellen DeGeneres fans (so that’s everyone, right?) need to get excited,...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An international team of scientists has deciphered the genetic code of the tset...
Saturday Night Live's Cecily Strong is all fun and games, but her NYC apart...
from POPSUGAR Home
Beginning this week, you'll see three new flavors of Doritos on store shelv...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Back in the 1930s, this lakeside community in the Santa Monica Mountains of Cal...