The Right Questions to Ask
The BossKnowing what is important to your boss may affect how you’ll do at a company or in a particular department. Her surroundings can tell you a lot, too, like whether she’s serious (door closed, pristine office) or more relaxed (open door, pictures of her kids and dog on her desk).
What to Ask
- How often do you like your team to check in?
- How will my work be evaluated? And how often?
- How often do reviews occur?
- Besides performance, how are compensation and bonuses determined?
- What opportunities will I have for career advancement?
- Could you describe what a typical day would be like in this job? What percentage of my day is likely to be filled with meetings?
- Is there a formal system of mentoring here?
Next: A Politician
Most Popular Galleries
“It’s possible that espadrilles are the ultimate spring shoe. They unmistakably welcome warmer weather, but they provide enough protection (and warmth) for those days that just didn’t quite get the...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A woman has given birth to a more than 13-pound baby at a southeastern Pennsylv...
In the heart of Soho sits a classic, New York apartment with a California soul. ...
from POPSUGAR Home
This week's worst-dressed list was filled with moments we'd like to fo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
On Easter Sunday candy-colored baskets will be out in full force. But as anyone...