The Right Questions to Ask
The BossKnowing what is important to your boss may affect how you’ll do at a company or in a particular department. Her surroundings can tell you a lot, too, like whether she’s serious (door closed, pristine office) or more relaxed (open door, pictures of her kids and dog on her desk).
What to Ask
- How often do you like your team to check in?
- How will my work be evaluated? And how often?
- How often do reviews occur?
- Besides performance, how are compensation and bonuses determined?
- What opportunities will I have for career advancement?
- Could you describe what a typical day would be like in this job? What percentage of my day is likely to be filled with meetings?
- Is there a formal system of mentoring here?
Next: A Politician
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
If you were just thinking about how you’d like more artisanal home goods a...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
PHOENIX- A Circle K store manager in Phoenix, Ariz., was beaten during a robber...
Thirteen going on 30? Well, that was fast. If you are approaching the big 3-0, a...
from POPSUGAR Home
Humans literally can't live without it. Read more: Salt , ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Creating a versatile living space that included elegant book storage was the ch...