The Right Questions to Ask
The BossKnowing what is important to your boss may affect how you’ll do at a company or in a particular department. Her surroundings can tell you a lot, too, like whether she’s serious (door closed, pristine office) or more relaxed (open door, pictures of her kids and dog on her desk).
What to Ask
- How often do you like your team to check in?
- How will my work be evaluated? And how often?
- How often do reviews occur?
- Besides performance, how are compensation and bonuses determined?
- What opportunities will I have for career advancement?
- Could you describe what a typical day would be like in this job? What percentage of my day is likely to be filled with meetings?
- Is there a formal system of mentoring here?
Next: A Politician
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Over 2.2 million Americans suffer from glaucoma — now a new procedure may...
If sprucing up your neglected bathroom is on your list, we're here to help!...
from POPSUGAR Home
DIY French press, for real. Read more: French Press Coffee Hack ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Our passion for design can lead us to choose the fabulous over the friendly, an...