The Right Questions to Ask
A Babysitter or NannyAsk open-ended questions about how the sitter or nanny would handle specific scenarios at home. And review her references yourself, even if she has been approved by an agency that checks referrals.
What to Ask
- Why do you like caring for children? How did you get into it?
- What would you do if the baby didn’t stop crying or wouldn’t eat?
- What would you do if a child threw food at you? How would you react or discipline her?
- Are you trained in child or infant safety, first aid, and CPR?
- How will you and I communicate? By phone? Will you leave me written notes about what happened during the day?
- What’s your plan if there’s an emergency?
- What if you’re sick or your kids are sick and you can’t make it?
- Can I talk to other people you have worked for?
Next: You Might Also Like ...
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Our collection of time-tested favorite cookies will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An experimental Ebola drug healed all 18 monkeys infected with the deadly virus...
Source: Natalie Franke A great bar setup is an important component in a glamorou...
from POPSUGAR Home
We want them all. Read more: Food Bloggers Cookbooks , Food Blo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
I’m a big fan of Baptisia . There are many species, most underutilized, but th...