The Right Questions to Ask
A Babysitter or NannyAsk open-ended questions about how the sitter or nanny would handle specific scenarios at home. And review her references yourself, even if she has been approved by an agency that checks referrals.
What to Ask
- Why do you like caring for children? How did you get into it?
- What would you do if the baby didn’t stop crying or wouldn’t eat?
- What would you do if a child threw food at you? How would you react or discipline her?
- Are you trained in child or infant safety, first aid, and CPR?
- How will you and I communicate? By phone? Will you leave me written notes about what happened during the day?
- What’s your plan if there’s an emergency?
- What if you’re sick or your kids are sick and you can’t make it?
- Can I talk to other people you have worked for?
Next: You Might Also Like ...
Most Popular Galleries
“Does getting his haircut make your toddler anxious? Instead of getting snippy with him, use these three strategies to keep him calm....”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
With the recent rise of deadly drug-resistant bacteria in the United States, on...
You may have aged out of sleepaway camp but no one would blame you for missing i...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Laser cut paper easily passes for lace, making it perfect for wedding details. D...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Summer is the season for entertaining and keeping cool with refreshing drinks. ...