The Right Questions to Ask
A TherapistBefore you pay for therapy, request a free, short face-to-face or phone consultation to be sure you’re comfortable with the therapist. If he refuses, do you really want a therapist who is this inflexible? Also, therapy is a two-way street, so you should both want to see if it’s a good fit.
What to Ask
- Do you specialize in (issue X)? (Say, marriage or addiction.)
- How have you worked to solve it in the past? Can you give me examples of what you did?
- Do you focus on brief or long-term therapy? How long do you generally see a patient?
- What type of therapy do you practice? What’s your approach?
- How do you assess if I’m progressing?
- Can I get in touch with you between visits? What about in an emergency or after hours?
- Do you take insurance? Do you offer a sliding scale?
- What if I miss an appointment? Do I have to pay?
Next: A Babysitter or Nanny
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
When you start dating a new woman, everyone becomes a critic: She's great, she'...
If you're ever in Los Angeles, make it a point to visit La Brea Avenue'...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Feel free to repin....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
A love of restoring junk to its former glory led a professional Porsche driver ...