The Right Questions to Ask
A TherapistBefore you pay for therapy, request a free, short face-to-face or phone consultation to be sure you’re comfortable with the therapist. If he refuses, do you really want a therapist who is this inflexible? Also, therapy is a two-way street, so you should both want to see if it’s a good fit.
What to Ask
- Do you specialize in (issue X)? (Say, marriage or addiction.)
- How have you worked to solve it in the past? Can you give me examples of what you did?
- Do you focus on brief or long-term therapy? How long do you generally see a patient?
- What type of therapy do you practice? What’s your approach?
- How do you assess if I’m progressing?
- Can I get in touch with you between visits? What about in an emergency or after hours?
- Do you take insurance? Do you offer a sliding scale?
- What if I miss an appointment? Do I have to pay?
Next: A Babysitter or Nanny
Most Popular Galleries
“You've made your list and checked it twice, now you need to find a place to hide the presents! According to The National Retail Foundation, shoppers started buying gifts earlier than ever this year....”
When it comes to the do’s and don’ts, you’ve got lots of questions. Here, solutions for making the season merry and bright.
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A long-awaited study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sho...
We know, we know... the novelty of chalkboard paint as a cool DIY material is pr...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Gina OHara had a hard time describing her dream home to her builder. Shed been ...