The Right Questions to Ask
A Potential NeighborPlanning to buy or rent a new place? Talk to a neighbor or two to find out about the area but also to see if you want to live next door to these folks. You can tell a lot from their reaction to your questions. (Do you think I need an alarm system? “Nah. My vicious 100-pound Rottweiler has it covered.”)
What to Ask
- How do you like living here? What are the other neighbors like?
- Is there a home owners’ association in the area I can be a part of? Are most people involved in it? What community issues is it working on right now?
- Are there any neighborhood rules, like about parking or yard maintenance, for instance?
- Have you ever had any trouble with crime around here? Has your place ever been burglarized?
- Is this a block-party kind of place, or do people pretty much keep to themselves?
- Do dog owners in the area put their dogs on leashes or let them roam free?
Next: A Therapist
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Young survivors of nonmelanoma skin cancer are at an increased risk for develop...
Prince William and Kate Middleton don't always vacation alone together, but...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Xeriscape is a landscape philosophy not a design style that can help you crea...