The Right Questions to Ask
A Potential NeighborPlanning to buy or rent a new place? Talk to a neighbor or two to find out about the area but also to see if you want to live next door to these folks. You can tell a lot from their reaction to your questions. (Do you think I need an alarm system? “Nah. My vicious 100-pound Rottweiler has it covered.”)
What to Ask
- How do you like living here? What are the other neighbors like?
- Is there a home owners’ association in the area I can be a part of? Are most people involved in it? What community issues is it working on right now?
- Are there any neighborhood rules, like about parking or yard maintenance, for instance?
- Have you ever had any trouble with crime around here? Has your place ever been burglarized?
- Is this a block-party kind of place, or do people pretty much keep to themselves?
- Do dog owners in the area put their dogs on leashes or let them roam free?
Next: A Therapist
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Our collection of time-tested favorite cookies will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A new study reports one of the biggest potential advances against heart failure...
Leaving bright hues behind, Fall is the time to cozy up your bedding with heavy ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Sizzle, sizzle! No one can resist the titillating taste of bacon. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This week on Houzz, many of the stories reminded me to open up my mind. I opene...