The Right Questions to Ask
A Potential NeighborPlanning to buy or rent a new place? Talk to a neighbor or two to find out about the area but also to see if you want to live next door to these folks. You can tell a lot from their reaction to your questions. (Do you think I need an alarm system? “Nah. My vicious 100-pound Rottweiler has it covered.”)
What to Ask
- How do you like living here? What are the other neighbors like?
- Is there a home owners’ association in the area I can be a part of? Are most people involved in it? What community issues is it working on right now?
- Are there any neighborhood rules, like about parking or yard maintenance, for instance?
- Have you ever had any trouble with crime around here? Has your place ever been burglarized?
- Is this a block-party kind of place, or do people pretty much keep to themselves?
- Do dog owners in the area put their dogs on leashes or let them roam free?
Next: A Therapist
“Whether you found a great deal on a slightly irregular coat, or if you’ve got your eye on a beautiful vintage dress, keep in mind that not all alternations are equal. These tailoring fixes are...”
When it comes to the do’s and don’ts, you’ve got lots of questions. Here, solutions for making the season merry and bright.
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Hypnosis for childbirth has garnered a lot of attention in recent years and eve...
Turning a cramped, high-rise condo into a cat-friendly oasis (on a budget) isn...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
There was something extra special about the featured ideabooks this week. There...