The Right Questions to Ask
A Potential NeighborPlanning to buy or rent a new place? Talk to a neighbor or two to find out about the area but also to see if you want to live next door to these folks. You can tell a lot from their reaction to your questions. (Do you think I need an alarm system? “Nah. My vicious 100-pound Rottweiler has it covered.”)
What to Ask
- How do you like living here? What are the other neighbors like?
- Is there a home owners’ association in the area I can be a part of? Are most people involved in it? What community issues is it working on right now?
- Are there any neighborhood rules, like about parking or yard maintenance, for instance?
- Have you ever had any trouble with crime around here? Has your place ever been burglarized?
- Is this a block-party kind of place, or do people pretty much keep to themselves?
- Do dog owners in the area put their dogs on leashes or let them roam free?
Next: A Therapist
“It’s possible that espadrilles are the ultimate spring shoe. They unmistakably welcome warmer weather, but they provide enough protection (and warmth) for those days that just didn’t quite get the...”
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Inspired by a video exploring the damage caused by sugary foods, one family wen...
If you're itching to give your space a Spring makeover . . ....
from POPSUGAR Home
Slightly creepy, but an all-star cuddler. Read more: Food Gear ,...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The dream of a summer lake house seems to exist for a lot of us, perhaps plante...