The Right Questions to Ask
Your DoctorYou’re not choosing just a doctor; you’re also choosing a doctor’s office, so ask about the staff, too. And call your state medical-board office (go to fsmb.org for a national directory) to find out whether the doctor is board certified in the particular treatment you’re seeking. That means: If you need cancer treatment, make sure he’s not a board-certified podiatrist. (This has happened.)
What to Ask
- What’s the usual waiting time in your office? What’s your policy on emergency visits?
- How many times have you performed (procedure X)?
- How do you feel about patients seeking second opinions?
- Can I speak to previous patients who had successful procedures?
- Who answers questions after I leave the office? Will you be available, or will I have to speak to a nurse or an assistant?
- Do I have to go somewhere else for blood work?
Next: A Potential Neighbor
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
You already know snack foods like chips, crackers, and pretzels pack a lot of s...
It's hard during Fashion Weeks galore not to look to designers, models, and...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
If youre planning to remodel your bathroom, you want to update the look, incre...