The Right Questions to Ask
Your DoctorYou’re not choosing just a doctor; you’re also choosing a doctor’s office, so ask about the staff, too. And call your state medical-board office (go to fsmb.org for a national directory) to find out whether the doctor is board certified in the particular treatment you’re seeking. That means: If you need cancer treatment, make sure he’s not a board-certified podiatrist. (This has happened.)
What to Ask
- What’s the usual waiting time in your office? What’s your policy on emergency visits?
- How many times have you performed (procedure X)?
- How do you feel about patients seeking second opinions?
- Can I speak to previous patients who had successful procedures?
- Who answers questions after I leave the office? Will you be available, or will I have to speak to a nurse or an assistant?
- Do I have to go somewhere else for blood work?
Next: A Potential Neighbor
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you know you can recycle those ripped pantyhose? No? What about printer cartridges? Seventy percent of used ink cartridges are thrown into landfills, where it will take approximately 450 years...”
Most Friends fans love Monica Geller’s ’90s-chic apartment, but hate...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, thanks to medical advances made possible by studies of David’s dis...
We've got good news and bad news. First, the bad: not everyone can have a c...
from POPSUGAR Home
You can now buy a six-pack of beer flavored lollipops. Yep, we're intereste...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Brass has slowly climbed its way to the top of the design heap over the past fe...