The Best Way to Pack a Beach Bag
These sunny necessities will fit in a large tote.
- Place a towel inside your beach blanket and roll tightly. Slide the roll vertically into the bag so you can slip it out first thing.
- In general, heavier items go on the bottom―that steamy page-turner, for instance. And a plastic water bottle.
- Fill a resealable plastic bag or a cosmetics case with sticky items, such as sunscreen. Put a hairbrush in a separate bag. Toss both in.
- Roll up a change of suit, a T-shirt, a cover-up, and a cotton beach hat and add to the bag. Remember your glasses and the case. Take an empty plastic bag for your wet suit.
- Protect electronics by putting them in their cases, then in a plastic bag. Instead of carrying your entire wallet, take the basics―cash, driver’s license, ATM card. The same goes for keys. Insert them in a waterproof container. Carry them in a separate, preferably zippered compartment.