Best Ways to Enjoy Summer
The Best Way to Make a Traditional Lobster Roll
The Morrisons of Morrison’s Maine Chowder House, in Freeport, Maine, have been hauling in their catch for more than 100 years.
Steal their formula for the perfect lobster roll.
- Use the freshest lobster meat you can find. Ask your local fish store when its lobsters are delivered.
- Get a freshly baked New England–style hot-dog bun. Unlike a typical roll, this is split on the top and white on the sides,
not crusty. (New England split-top rolls, $18 for twelve, hancockgourmetlobster.com.)
- Butter both sides of the bun, then grill each side (like a grilled cheese sandwich).
- Line the roll with lettuce for crunch (iceberg does the trick), then fill with lobster. Morrison’s lets the succulent meat
speak for itself, but some prefer a little mayo on the side.
- Open mouth. Insert heaven.
Next: The Best Way to Stargaze
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
If Robin Thicke and Paula Patton were decor elements, you’d think they wou...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, I received a question from a man who wanted to know if he could eat his ...
If there is one place to be this Summer, it's Mexico's Flora Farm. Asi...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Last we checked, ice cream is supposed to melt if it isn't kept chilled. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
In the middle of summer I walk the garden in search of serendipity : a small s...