Best Ways to Enjoy Summer
The Best Way to Keep White Clothes White
Follow these do’s and don’ts from Chantal Kruczek, director of housekeeping for the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Do wash white items every time you wear them, even if you don’t think they’re dirty. “We always leave something behind―perspiration,
perfumes, body oils,” says Kruczek.
- Do pretreat stains with a stain remover.
- Don’t use soap and water before pretreating.
- Do use the cool setting of the dryer.
- Don’t overdry or whites will turn gray.
- Do hang washed clothes outside if you can. The sun is a gentle, natural bleach.
- Don’t use household bleach too often. It will whiten, but it can also break down natural fibers and cause yellowing.
Everyone agrees embarrassment can be excruciating. But is the emotion all bad? Discover its surprising upside—and learn how to get over it more easily—with this expert advice for kids and adults.