9 Holiday Pet Hazards
The holidays are a festive time, but the season brings added dangers for pets. Keep your furry friends away from these items to ensure a merry holiday for all.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year—until your pet ingests some tinsel or decides to drink from the Christmas-tree water. René Carlson, a veterinarian and the president of the American Veterinary Medical Association, and Tina Wismer, a veterinarian and the medical director at the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, share nine common holiday items that can be hazardous to pets. If you think your dog or cat has been harmed by or consumed one of these, contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (888-426-4435) immediately.