Good Old-Fashioned Playtime
How to: Jump RopeRequired: A jump rope, plus three or more people
“The key is to have good rope-turners,” says Chris Holmes, a former world-champion jumper and the founder of jumpropevideos.com.
- “Pretend you have a piece of chalk in your hand and are drawing a circle on a chalkboard,” Holmes says. For two ropes, pretend you’re drawing with both hands.
- “Make sure that you never pull the ‘chalk’ away from the ‘chalkboard,’ which can cause the rope to pop and trip the jumper,” Holmes says.
- Keep a consistent rhythm; watch the jumper’s feet to set the pace.
- A beginner should start between the turners, jumping in place with her feet together before the rope has started moving.
- When you’re ready to try jumping in while the rope is turning, stand close to one turner’s shoulder and watch the arm that’s swinging the rope. As it swings down, run to the center and jump over the rope on your way there.
Next: How To: Skip a Rock
“If you arrange the refrigerator properly, you'll not only be able to find everything, but you're also less likely to waste food....”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Heat-related deaths in New York City's borough of Manhattan may rise about 20 pe...
'Tis the season of alfresco dining, so why not pick a scenic spot for your ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
You hunt and search and tour and tour. Then you make a move and live happily eve...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Many of us dream of living in a centuries-old farmhouse far away from the hustl...