Good Old-Fashioned Playtime
How to: Jump RopeRequired: A jump rope, plus three or more people
“The key is to have good rope-turners,” says Chris Holmes, a former world-champion jumper and the founder of jumpropevideos.com.
- “Pretend you have a piece of chalk in your hand and are drawing a circle on a chalkboard,” Holmes says. For two ropes, pretend you’re drawing with both hands.
- “Make sure that you never pull the ‘chalk’ away from the ‘chalkboard,’ which can cause the rope to pop and trip the jumper,” Holmes says.
- Keep a consistent rhythm; watch the jumper’s feet to set the pace.
- A beginner should start between the turners, jumping in place with her feet together before the rope has started moving.
- When you’re ready to try jumping in while the rope is turning, stand close to one turner’s shoulder and watch the arm that’s swinging the rope. As it swings down, run to the center and jump over the rope on your way there.
Next: How To: Skip a Rock
Most Popular Galleries
“It’s possible that espadrilles are the ultimate spring shoe. They unmistakably welcome warmer weather, but they provide enough protection (and warmth) for those days that just didn’t quite get the...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A woman has given birth to a more than 13-pound baby at a southeastern Pennsylv...
In the heart of Soho sits a classic, New York apartment with a California soul. ...
from POPSUGAR Home
This week's worst-dressed list was filled with moments we'd like to fo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
On Easter Sunday candy-colored baskets will be out in full force. But as anyone...