Good Old-Fashioned Playtime
How To: Play Four SquareRequired: Chalk and a ball, plus four or more players
- Draw a square at least four feet long per side and bisect it horizontally and vertically to make four identical squares (shown ).
- Have one player stand in each square and give a playground ball (a volleyball will do) to the player in square four. He must serve the ball by bouncing it into another player’s square, and that player must hit the ball into another square in order to stay in the game.
- If a player cannot bounce the ball into another square (or against another player’s hands), he or she is out, and all the players but the server must rotate squares. If the server is the player who erred, he’ll have to move along, too. The goal is to remain in the server’s position for as long as possible.
How To: Play SnailRequired: Chalk, plus two or more players
- Draw a spiral shape that looks like, yep, a snail’s shell, and mark off 17 segments leading from the outside to the inside, with a circular “free space” in the center.
- The first player must hop once on each square, on one foot, all the way to the center, without hopping on any lines. In the center, the player can rest on both feet, then hop back out the way she came. If she succeeds, she can choose a square to mark as her own, and no other player can hop on that spot. She, however, can use it as a rest space from then on.
- The next player does the same, and the game continues until no one can reach the center. The player with the most claimed segments wins.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Date night can take on lots of forms: extreme, creative, outdoor and offbeatR...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Liberia's president declared a curfew and ordered security forces to quarantine...
Move over, Ellen DeGeneres, because there's a new celebrity house flipper i...
from POPSUGAR Home
Taco Bell is taking notes from McDonald's. Read more: Taco...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
In our home the end of summer ushers in back-to-school time for our three child...