Fun DIY Activity Kits for Kids
For places not generous (and wise) enough to provide paper place mats and crayons, tote along these five-star distractions.
- Maze Craze books. Each of these story-puzzle hybrids leads kids on adventures alongside dinosaurs, mummies, or pirates, rescuing them from
the boredom of adult conversation.
To buy: $4, barnesandnoble.com.
- Neodymium Science Magnets. The world’s strongest, these magnets work through a table and even a hand. Watch Dad’s fork dangle magically from your son’s
palm! Six to a pack.
To buy: $9, instockscience.com.
- Sticker Activity Books. Available in dozens of themes (animals, race cars, ballet). Little fingers decorate the scenes with the included stickers.
To buy: from $1.50, doverpublications.com.
- Scratch & Solve Tough Hangman. Pint-size diners will love this challenging take on the classic game. Scratch-off circles reveal where a letter fits in the
puzzle. No playing partner needed.
To buy: from $2, barnesandnoble.com.
- Notebook. Any basic spiral style will do. One of your children can sketch the salt and pepper shakers; another can compose her dream
dish (French-fry tower with sides of ice cream and gummy candy).
- Mad Libs. This game is still the [adjective] way to learn parts of speech. The kids can write a doozy between ordering and eating.
To buy: from $4, amazon.com.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“Does getting his haircut make your toddler anxious? Instead of getting snippy with him, use these three strategies to keep him calm....”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Now that obesity has been officially classified as a disease by the American Me...
You may have aged out of sleepaway camp but no one would blame you for missing i...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Ah, IKEA. It's such a horrible magical place. On the plus side, it's a source th...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Wild senna always stops people in their tracks, primarily with its fanning oval...