Fun DIY Activity Kits for Kids
These comforting activities and objects will help keep your patient in good spirits.
- Color Change Wavy Straws. These serpentine straws change color when a cool liquid is sipped through them. (And they sure make flat soda a lot more
fun to drink.) Four to a set.
To buy: $2.25, theraproducts.com.
- Yes & Know books. The magic pen reveals invisibly printed answers to quizzes, games, and puzzles. They’re one of the happiest, most mindless
ways to pass a few hours.
To buy: $2.35 each, leemagicpen.com.
- Mesh receipt pouch. Use this small zippered bag (or any resealable one) to hold the Yes & Know pens, plus sick-day staples like tissues and
a toy thermometer.
To buy: $4, containerstore.com.
- Make-a-Plate Kit. Serve her saltines on a special plate personalized with get-well wishes. Inscribe the dishwasher-safe dish, then mail it
back to the company to set the design.
To buy: $18, makitonline.com.
- Magnetic Mosaics. She can arrange the magnetic tiles into a chicken pox–covered self-portrait—and move her masterpiece from bed to floor and
back again without spillage.
To buy: $25, amazon.com.
Next: Restaurant Kit
“Fresh out of creative ideas for your mother-in-law? If your ever-growing holiday shopping list is overwhelming, don't stress just yet....”
When it comes to the do’s and don’ts, you’ve got lots of questions. Here, solutions for making the season merry and bright.
Want to know what recipes, rooms and other products I’m currently crushing on? C...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Exercise may prove effective at helping older people with dementia retain their...
When we caught wind that Domaine Home recruited Jessica Biel to decorate her ver...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
I spent a lot of time as a kid high up in the branches of a gigantic maple tree...