Fun DIY Activity Kits for Kids
These comforting activities and objects will help keep your patient in good spirits.
- Color Change Wavy Straws. These serpentine straws change color when a cool liquid is sipped through them. (And they sure make flat soda a lot more
fun to drink.) Four to a set.
To buy: $2.25, theraproducts.com.
- Yes & Know books. The magic pen reveals invisibly printed answers to quizzes, games, and puzzles. They’re one of the happiest, most mindless
ways to pass a few hours.
To buy: $2.35 each, leemagicpen.com.
- Mesh receipt pouch. Use this small zippered bag (or any resealable one) to hold the Yes & Know pens, plus sick-day staples like tissues and
a toy thermometer.
To buy: $4, containerstore.com.
- Make-a-Plate Kit. Serve her saltines on a special plate personalized with get-well wishes. Inscribe the dishwasher-safe dish, then mail it
back to the company to set the design.
To buy: $18, makitonline.com.
- Magnetic Mosaics. She can arrange the magnetic tiles into a chicken pox–covered self-portrait—and move her masterpiece from bed to floor and
back again without spillage.
To buy: $25, amazon.com.
Next: Restaurant Kit
Most Popular Galleries
“You *know* you ought to take the stairs instead of the elevator and floss every night… and yet, sometimes not doing those good-for-you extra steps is all the more tempting. If you’re a parent and...”
Even though William Shakespeare would have turned 450 years old today, his plays...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors an...
Our recipe for instant Spring can be pulled off in just a day - no time-consumin...
from POPSUGAR Home
The sounds of sizzling bacon is enough to lure us out of bed every time. And the...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Passion and personality flourish in architect Scott Weston s renovated Victori...