Fun DIY Activity Kits for Kids
Visiting the Grandparents Kit
When the kids aren’t in town, Gramps can store these art supplies and games in his garage.
- Giant Wonderfoam World Puzzle Mat. Your child’s first activity can be to piece together this foam map of the world, which can double as a carpet protector.
To buy: Unfortunately, this item is no longer available, but find similar floor puzzles at csnstores.com.
- Paper-airplane book. The World Record Paper Airplane Book, by Ken Blackburn and Jeff Lammers, teaches kids how to fold and throw everything from biplanes to space shuttles.
To buy: $17, amazon.com.
- Arts-and-crafts materials. Raid the aisles of an office-supply store for colored pencils and paper, markers, foil stars, hole punches, brass fasteners,
Post-it notes, scissors, tags, and pads.
- Design-your-own note cards. Guess what? Ordinary index cards fit just so into ordinary coin envelopes. Have kids mail daily doodles home.
To buy: Index cards, $2 for 100; coin envelopes, $24 for 500; staples.com.
- In-out clock. This simple storefront sign is a great time-teaching tool—and might be just the prop needed to instigate an afternoon session
To buy: $6, officemax.com.
Next: Sick-at-Home Kit
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Not a natural blonde or brunette? You might want to be more cautious about colo...
Jennifer Serafini is the kind of go-getter we adore. At 27, Jennifer has already...
from POPSUGAR Home
It's all in the bread. Read more: Tomato , Tomato Recipes ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This week on Houzz, we looked up — to specially treated ceilings and mezzanines...