Fun DIY Activity Kits for Kids
Visiting the Grandparents Kit
When the kids aren’t in town, Gramps can store these art supplies and games in his garage.
- Giant Wonderfoam World Puzzle Mat. Your child’s first activity can be to piece together this foam map of the world, which can double as a carpet protector.
To buy: Unfortunately, this item is no longer available, but find similar floor puzzles at csnstores.com.
- Paper-airplane book. The World Record Paper Airplane Book, by Ken Blackburn and Jeff Lammers, teaches kids how to fold and throw everything from biplanes to space shuttles.
To buy: $17, amazon.com.
- Arts-and-crafts materials. Raid the aisles of an office-supply store for colored pencils and paper, markers, foil stars, hole punches, brass fasteners,
Post-it notes, scissors, tags, and pads.
- Design-your-own note cards. Guess what? Ordinary index cards fit just so into ordinary coin envelopes. Have kids mail daily doodles home.
To buy: Index cards, $2 for 100; coin envelopes, $24 for 500; staples.com.
- In-out clock. This simple storefront sign is a great time-teaching tool—and might be just the prop needed to instigate an afternoon session
To buy: $6, officemax.com.
Next: Sick-at-Home Kit
Most Popular Galleries
“You *know* you ought to take the stairs instead of the elevator and floss every night… and yet, sometimes not doing those good-for-you extra steps is all the more tempting. If you’re a parent and...”
Even though William Shakespeare would have turned 450 years old today, his plays...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors an...
When we caught wind that Domaine Home had a hand in revamping Lea Michele's...
from POPSUGAR Home
The sounds of sizzling bacon is enough to lure us out of bed every time. And the...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
A few decades ago, the only structure in a British garden was the trusty shed. ...