Fun DIY Activity Kits for Kids
Day at the Office Kit
So your little pal is joining you at work today? These time-fillers will keep him occupied—and you gainfully employed.
- Lincoln Logs. Considering all the horn-tooting toys out there, it’s no wonder this classic has quietly endured. Your lumberjack will build
for hours with no help from you.
To buy: $45, amazon.com.
- Tinker Toys. Noticing a trend? Good old Tinker Toys, also devoid of sound effects, can be emptied onto your office floor and modeled into
endless robots, spaceships...
To buy: $40, fatbraintoys.com.
- Fractiles-7 travel set. She’ll arrange these magnetic tiles into all kinds of kaleidoscopic designs on the black steel board. Later, make a color
photocopy to post on your wall.
To buy: $27, sears.com.
- Puzzlemania books. When his short attention span reaches its outer limits, hand him any book from this series. All are chock-full of secret
codes, puzzles, and other brain teasers.
To buy: $7, barnesandnoble.com.
- Laptop Buddha Board. Inside the sleek, businesslike case is a mat on which your child can “paint” a picture with water. After the image fades,
the mat can be painted again.
To buy: $12, fatbraintoys.com.
- The Super Colossal Book of Hidden Pictures. Take this Highlights-magazine collection, add a box of crayons, and dial into that conference call without fear that you’ll be interrupted.
To buy: $10, amazon.com.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Yes, they’re annoying--and, yes, there are ways to deal. ...
Your square footage is set in stone, but if your space feels stuffed with stuff,...
from POPSUGAR Home
Chocolate bourbon bacon pie is never a mistake. Read more: #Hpfo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Curling up with popcorn and a movie, simmering a big pot of soup or chili on th...