Fun DIY Activity Kits for Kids
Day at the Office Kit
So your little pal is joining you at work today? These time-fillers will keep him occupied—and you gainfully employed.
- Lincoln Logs. Considering all the horn-tooting toys out there, it’s no wonder this classic has quietly endured. Your lumberjack will build
for hours with no help from you.
To buy: $45, amazon.com.
- Tinker Toys. Noticing a trend? Good old Tinker Toys, also devoid of sound effects, can be emptied onto your office floor and modeled into
endless robots, spaceships...
To buy: $40, fatbraintoys.com.
- Fractiles-7 travel set. She’ll arrange these magnetic tiles into all kinds of kaleidoscopic designs on the black steel board. Later, make a color
photocopy to post on your wall.
To buy: $27, sears.com.
- Puzzlemania books. When his short attention span reaches its outer limits, hand him any book from this series. All are chock-full of secret
codes, puzzles, and other brain teasers.
To buy: $7, barnesandnoble.com.
- Laptop Buddha Board. Inside the sleek, businesslike case is a mat on which your child can “paint” a picture with water. After the image fades,
the mat can be painted again.
To buy: $12, fatbraintoys.com.
- The Super Colossal Book of Hidden Pictures. Take this Highlights-magazine collection, add a box of crayons, and dial into that conference call without fear that you’ll be interrupted.
To buy: $10, amazon.com.
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you know you can recycle those ripped pantyhose? No? What about printer cartridges? Seventy percent of used ink cartridges are thrown into landfills, where it will take approximately 450 years...”
Most Friends fans love Monica Geller’s ’90s-chic apartment, but hate...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Children with simple cases of appendicitis may be safely treated with antibioti...
If you harbor an obsession with centuries-old homes, you might already be hooked...
from POPSUGAR Home
If you're skeptical, don't be. Read more: Avocado Reci...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
It takes a combination of many design elements to make a room beautiful and wel...