Fun DIY Activity Kits for Kids
Day at the Office Kit
So your little pal is joining you at work today? These time-fillers will keep him occupied—and you gainfully employed.
- Lincoln Logs. Considering all the horn-tooting toys out there, it’s no wonder this classic has quietly endured. Your lumberjack will build
for hours with no help from you.
To buy: $40, backtobasicstoys.com.
- Tinker Toys. Noticing a trend? Good old Tinker Toys, also devoid of sound effects, can be emptied onto your office floor and modeled into
endless robots, spaceships...
To buy: $36, backtobasicstoys.com.
- Fractiles-7 travel set. She’ll arrange these magnetic tiles into all kinds of kaleidoscopic designs on the black steel board. Later, make a color
photocopy to post on your wall.
To buy: $27, sears.com.
- Puzzlemania books. When his short attention span reaches its outer limits, hand him any book from this series. All are chock-full of secret
codes, puzzles, and other brain teasers.
To buy: $7, barnesandnoble.com.
- Laptop Buddha Board. Inside the sleek, businesslike case is a mat on which your child can “paint” a picture with water. After the image fades,
the mat can be painted again.
To buy: $35, amazon.com.
- The Super Colossal Book of Hidden Pictures. Take this Highlights-magazine collection, add a box of crayons, and dial into that conference call without fear that you’ll be interrupted.
To buy: $10, barnesandnoble.com.
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
When you start dating a new woman, everyone becomes a critic: She's great, she'...
If you're ever in Los Angeles, make it a point to visit La Brea Avenue'...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Feel free to repin....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Maine architect Riley Pratt estimates that the average energy bill for his home...