Day at the Office Kit
So your little pal is joining you at work today? These time-fillers will keep him occupied—and you gainfully employed.
- Lincoln Logs. Considering all the horn-tooting toys out there, it’s no wonder this classic has quietly endured. Your lumberjack will build for hours with no help from you.
To buy: $45, amazon.com.
- Tinker Toys. Noticing a trend? Good old Tinker Toys, also devoid of sound effects, can be emptied onto your office floor and modeled into endless robots, spaceships...
To buy: $40, fatbraintoys.com.
- Fractiles-7 travel set. She’ll arrange these magnetic tiles into all kinds of kaleidoscopic designs on the black steel board. Later, make a color photocopy to post on your wall.
To buy: $27, sears.com.
- Puzzlemania books. When his short attention span reaches its outer limits, hand him any book from this series. All are chock-full of secret codes, puzzles, and other brain teasers.
To buy: $7, barnesandnoble.com.
- Laptop Buddha Board. Inside the sleek, businesslike case is a mat on which your child can “paint” a picture with water. After the image fades, the mat can be painted again.
To buy: $12, fatbraintoys.com.
- The Super Colossal Book of Hidden Pictures. Take this Highlights-magazine collection, add a box of crayons, and dial into that conference call without fear that you’ll be interrupted.
To buy: $10, amazon.com.