Simple Ways to Make Someone's Day
Waiters, bus drivers, and more reveal the little things that make a difference.
Letter and Newspaper Carriers
- Control your pets. Even if you think your dog is about as fierce as Snoopy, keep him on a leash or behind a closed door, suggests Andy Petersen, a Washington, D.C., letter carrier. You don't know if a particular carrier is averse to animals.
- Clear the front stoop. Getting past piles of toys and bikes is "like picking your way through a minefield," says Mark Sims, who delivered mail for 21 years in Springfield, Missouri.
- Don't block the box. Move garbage cans out of the way.
- Offer them a beverage. It can warm them up or cool them off, depending on the weather, says Sims. Baked goods and thank-you notes are also appreciated.
- Learn their name and use it. He or she knows yours.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Date night can take on lots of forms: extreme, creative, outdoor and offbeatR...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Doctors in India are baffled over an 8-year-old boy whose hands have ballooned ...
Known for their wonderfully wacky design sensibility and large family (seven kid...
from POPSUGAR Home
CHICAGO (AP) -- Hostess Brands plans to close the suburban Chicago bakery where ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
While commonly seen in the Pacific Northwest, western sword fern ( Polystichum...