Simple Ways to Make Someone's Day
Waiters, bus drivers, and more reveal the little things that make a difference.
Letter and Newspaper Carriers
- Control your pets. Even if you think your dog is about as fierce as Snoopy, keep him on a leash or behind a closed door, suggests Andy Petersen, a Washington, D.C., letter carrier. You don't know if a particular carrier is averse to animals.
- Clear the front stoop. Getting past piles of toys and bikes is "like picking your way through a minefield," says Mark Sims, who delivered mail for 21 years in Springfield, Missouri.
- Don't block the box. Move garbage cans out of the way.
- Offer them a beverage. It can warm them up or cool them off, depending on the weather, says Sims. Baked goods and thank-you notes are also appreciated.
- Learn their name and use it. He or she knows yours.
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
A California doctor has been sentenced to 14 years in federal prison for bilkin...
Celebs as designers - a peek behind their home decor lines! - Refinery29 21 id...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
It's a little tip that can pack a lot of punch....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
This 64-square-foot kitchen in Melbourne might not be terribly small, but it ce...