Simple Ways to Make Someone's Day
Waiters, bus drivers, and more reveal the little things that make a difference.
Letter and Newspaper Carriers
- Control your pets. Even if you think your dog is about as fierce as Snoopy, keep him on a leash or behind a closed door, suggests Andy Petersen, a Washington, D.C., letter carrier. You don't know if a particular carrier is averse to animals.
- Clear the front stoop. Getting past piles of toys and bikes is "like picking your way through a minefield," says Mark Sims, who delivered mail for 21 years in Springfield, Missouri.
- Don't block the box. Move garbage cans out of the way.
- Offer them a beverage. It can warm them up or cool them off, depending on the weather, says Sims. Baked goods and thank-you notes are also appreciated.
- Learn their name and use it. He or she knows yours.
Most Popular Galleries
“Fresh out of creative ideas for your mother-in-law? If your ever-growing holiday shopping list is overwhelming, don't stress just yet....”
When it comes to the do’s and don’ts, you’ve got lots of questions. Here, solutions for making the season merry and bright.
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
"Cannibal sandwiches," an appetizer featuring raw, lean ground beef served on c...
Pantone has announced its color of the year for 2014, Radiant Orchid, and the sh...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
As the winds whip and the temperatures plunge, theres nothing better than escap...