Simple Ways to Make Someone's Day
Waiters, bus drivers, and more reveal the little things that make a difference.
Letter and Newspaper Carriers
- Control your pets. Even if you think your dog is about as fierce as Snoopy, keep him on a leash or behind a closed door, suggests Andy Petersen, a Washington, D.C., letter carrier. You don't know if a particular carrier is averse to animals.
- Clear the front stoop. Getting past piles of toys and bikes is "like picking your way through a minefield," says Mark Sims, who delivered mail for 21 years in Springfield, Missouri.
- Don't block the box. Move garbage cans out of the way.
- Offer them a beverage. It can warm them up or cool them off, depending on the weather, says Sims. Baked goods and thank-you notes are also appreciated.
- Learn their name and use it. He or she knows yours.
“It’s possible that espadrilles are the ultimate spring shoe. They unmistakably welcome warmer weather, but they provide enough protection (and warmth) for those days that just didn’t quite get the...”
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
On the brink of swimsuit season, weight loss is on everyone’s mind. The l...
When you're planning your wedding, it's easy to get caught up in the b...
from POPSUGAR Home
Drinking beer at home may never be the same. Read more: Drinking...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post