Simple Ways to Make Someone's Day
Waiters, bus drivers, and more reveal the little things that make a difference.
Letter and Newspaper Carriers
- Control your pets. Even if you think your dog is about as fierce as Snoopy, keep him on a leash or behind a closed door, suggests Andy Petersen, a Washington, D.C., letter carrier. You don't know if a particular carrier is averse to animals.
- Clear the front stoop. Getting past piles of toys and bikes is "like picking your way through a minefield," says Mark Sims, who delivered mail for 21 years in Springfield, Missouri.
- Don't block the box. Move garbage cans out of the way.
- Offer them a beverage. It can warm them up or cool them off, depending on the weather, says Sims. Baked goods and thank-you notes are also appreciated.
- Learn their name and use it. He or she knows yours.
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you go a little overboard with the self-tanner? Or maybe you’re scared to try it because you think you’ll end up looking like an Oompa Loompa like the illustration above? Either way, have no...”
[sponsored post] When I first moved in with my fiance, chores were a pretty frau...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
The homeless man whose face was nearly chewed off by another man in a gruesome ...
Kelly Lanza of Studio DIY shares an easy tutorial on how to create your own flor...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
We all know what April showers bring, so end the month with a healthy stock of v...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
All parents wish for their children to play safely and comfortably outdoors com...