Best Sources for Inexpensive Wedding Dresses
Looking to cut costs on your wedding? Try these mass retailers for quality dresses at lower prices.
Wedding Lines At Retail Stores
- BCBG: A small but special selection, all under $1000.
- The Limited: Basic styles, but all gowns are under $500. Adding some personal touches to these would be key.
- Anthropologie (BHLDN): Dresses with a bohemian and vintage bent that one would expect from Anthro. Most dresses are under $2000.
- J. Crew: Classic all the way—and the largest collection. All gowns are under $3000 with plenty of options under $1000. They also have
a bridal boutique on Madison Avenue in New York.
- Ann Taylor: Simple and flowy (we love the Jasmine, pictured), almost all under $500.
Sample Sale Dresses
- TheAisleNewYork.com: The Gilt Groupe of wedding dresses, just launched in January: An online flash sale that features a high-end dresses at a
discount for a limited time only
- BridePower.com: Sample and consignment dresses at deep discounts, from Monique Lhuillier to Pronovias.
- PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com: One of the original sites to connect buyers and sellers of used dresses, with a broad selection.
- OnceWed.com: A tasteful site and blog with a lovely selection of used designer gowns.
- RecycledBride.com: Our pick for used bridesmaid dresses.
- WoreItOnce.com: This website has a clunkier interface, but if you're looking at everything, has gowns worth checking out.
- eBay: Great selection of wedding gowns on eBay. Just don't get caught up in the bidding, and make sure to check return policies.
- Craigslist: A bit sketch, but the advantage here is that it's local so you can go try on the dresses in person. Bring cash and be ready
to negotiate if you like it (or run if it gets weird).
Read 6 Ways to Find a Cheap Wedding Dress for more tips for finding the perfect gown at the right price.