10 Common Wedding Party Questions, Answered
Choosing Gifts and a Male Maid of Honor
5. Can I have a guy as a maid of honor?
Breaking with tradition because you didn’t know any better and potentially hurting feelings is one thing; changing things up to honor a good friend or a family member is another. If the people who mean the most to you don’t happen to be the “right” sex, don’t hesitate to include them in any way that you and your fiancé deem appropriate.
6. Do I have to buy gifts for my bridesmaids?
Technically, no, but it’s a lovely way to thank your friends for giving up a weekend, buying a dress and shoes, organizing your shower...you get the picture. If you plan to host a lunch for the bridesmaids, that’s the perfect time to distribute gifts. Or hand them out at the rehearsal dinner.
Not sure what to get? Try these ideas:
- If you’ve planned a bachelorette weekend, treat them to a day at a spa or spring for the hotel rooms.
- Help your out-of-town bridesmaids with the cost of transportation to the wedding.
- Check out weddingdepot.com, shoploveme.com, decorativethings.com, and etsy.com for some trinket ideas.