- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- In a large bowl, gently combine the beef, egg, Parmesan, ≤ teaspoon salt, and the nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and milk. Let stand until absorbed, about 3 minutes, and add to the beef.
- Squeeze any excess water from the spinach, add to the beef, and mix gently.
- Shape into 20 meatballs. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Brown the meatballs, about 7 minutes.
- Add the sauce and simmer for 6 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.