The Tastiest Fall Fruits and Vegetables
Choose broccoli with firm, tight dark green florets. The stalks should be slightly lighter in color. Yellowing broccoli is old and will taste
overly strong; a whitish stalk will be tough and woody. Refrigerate broccoli in a plastic bag up to five days. Separate the
head into florets to encourage even cooking. Peel and slice the stems and cook them along with the florets. Broccoli is best
roasted, sautéed, steamed, or blanched.
Try these recipes:
- Broccoli With Toasted Garlic and Hazelnuts
- Glazed Salmon With Broccoli Rice
- Pork Chops With Garlicky Broccoli
- Cheesy Baked Shells and Broccoli
- Orecchiette With Roasted Broccoli and Walnuts
- See more broccoli recipes.
Most Popular Galleries
Everyone agrees embarrassment can be excruciating. But is the emotion all bad? Discover its surprising upside—and learn how to get over it more easily—with this expert advice for kids and adults.