Salade Niçoise Sandwich
Serves 4Hands-On Time: 20mTotal Time: 20m
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 to 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup olives, preferably kalamata, pitted
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 baguette
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until bright green and tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain
and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain again and return to bowl.
- Place the anchovies in a bowl and smash with a fork. Add the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Drizzle over the beans
and toss; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the tuna, tomatoes, olives, onion, pepper, and remaining oil.
- Halve the baguette lengthwise, then cut it crosswise into 4 portions. Toast if desired.
- Spoon the tuna mixture onto the bottom of each baguette portion. Sandwich with the top half and press gently but firmly. Serve
with the beans.
- Calories 460
- Calories From Fat 39%
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 1,150mg
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 30g
More in Food & Recipes