Monte Cristo Sandwich
Serves 4Hands-On Time: 10mTotal Time: 15m
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 6-count boxes frozen French toast
- 1 9-ounce package thinly sliced ham
- 1 9-ounce package thinly sliced turkey
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Spread the mustard on 6 pieces of the French toast. Divide the ham and turkey evenly among them and top each with 2 slices of the cheese.
- Spread the remaining 6 pieces of French toast with the mayonnaise (if desired) and sandwich together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread ½ tablespoon of the butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich.
- Cook 3 sandwiches in the skillet until brown, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Transfer to oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the toast is heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Calories 618
- Calories From Fat 54%
- Fat 37g
- Sat Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 209mg
- Sodium 1,428mg
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 31g