Organizing for Your Personality
Which Side Do You Think With?
If you’re not sure whether you’re left- or right-brained, here’s a quiz to give you an idea. Read each statement and note
which ones apply to you, then consult the key. Our lefty- and righty-inspired solutions for keepsakes, jewelry,and photos
are on the pages that follow.
- When I’m finished using an item, I put it away immediately.
- I love being surrounded by vibrant colors.
- Whether I’m looking at a work of art or a room, I tend to prefer symmetrical design.
- I like to move around my furniture a few times a year rather than stick with the same arrangement.
- I’m the go-to party planner for friends and family.
- Keeping current projects where I can see them is a must.
- I love having a designated spot for each item in my closet or drawers.
- On my computer, I often have multiple windows open at once.
- I have a specific morning routine that I always follow to a T.
- When making major purchases, I usually follow my instincts rather than do research.
- I often wear the same jewelry every day.
- If I have to explain directions to someone, I’ll draw her a map instead of telling her verbally.
- When I find a great dish at a restaurant, I order it every time I go there.
- I often drive with the Empty light flashing.
- I always bring a shopping list to the grocery store.
- I have a lot of knickknacks around the house.
- My books and CDs are in order, so I can always find what I’m looking for.
- My desk is filled with piles of papers, sticky notes, and business cards.
- I feel guilty if I don’t follow the rules while playing board games.
- I’m fine with other people making last-minute changes to plans.
Key: Count up the odd and even numbers you’ve circled. More odd numbers? You’re a left-brainer. More even? Welcome to the right-brain
club. Equal split? You’re a mix and can benefit from organizing systems designed for either type.
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.