Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros
Shop in Your ClosetNext time you're putting away laundry or dry cleaning, grab an armful of clothes that you haven't worn since you can't remember when and try them on in front of a full-length mirror, suggests Jeanine Baron, founder of Streamliners Inc., an organizing company in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. Put the ones that you would want to buy again back into circulation; donate the rest.
- "The keepers must fit, be in style, and not need major alterations or repairs," says Baron.
- Don't let the mere fact that you paid a lot guilt you into keeping something. Your closet is prime real estate.
Why It Works
- You have to deal with only a few items of clothing at a time―not your whole closet.
- If your weight has fluctuated over the years, this method lets you pinpoint what fits now and bag memories of your body-size history.
- You might enjoy it, especially if you unearth a long-buried treasure.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Here's a disgusting fact: Fecal matter is everywhere. You're probably fastidiou...
If you adore the eclectic, vintage-inspired look of the Urban Outfitters apartme...
from POPSUGAR Home
Sizzle, sizzle! No one can resist the titillating taste of bacon. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
“I help a lot of people not move,” says interior decorator Lori Steeves . Th...