Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros
Shop in Your ClosetNext time you're putting away laundry or dry cleaning, grab an armful of clothes that you haven't worn since you can't remember when and try them on in front of a full-length mirror, suggests Jeanine Baron, founder of Streamliners Inc., an organizing company in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. Put the ones that you would want to buy again back into circulation; donate the rest.
- "The keepers must fit, be in style, and not need major alterations or repairs," says Baron.
- Don't let the mere fact that you paid a lot guilt you into keeping something. Your closet is prime real estate.
Why It Works
- You have to deal with only a few items of clothing at a time―not your whole closet.
- If your weight has fluctuated over the years, this method lets you pinpoint what fits now and bag memories of your body-size history.
- You might enjoy it, especially if you unearth a long-buried treasure.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
U.S. health officials on Thursday warned Americans not to travel to the three A...
Decorating is a very personal thing, and our homes should reflect our taste, not...
from POPSUGAR Home
Boy oh boy he's done it again. Read more: Dominique Ansel ,...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post