Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros
Shop in Your ClosetNext time you're putting away laundry or dry cleaning, grab an armful of clothes that you haven't worn since you can't remember when and try them on in front of a full-length mirror, suggests Jeanine Baron, founder of Streamliners Inc., an organizing company in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. Put the ones that you would want to buy again back into circulation; donate the rest.
- "The keepers must fit, be in style, and not need major alterations or repairs," says Baron.
- Don't let the mere fact that you paid a lot guilt you into keeping something. Your closet is prime real estate.
Why It Works
- You have to deal with only a few items of clothing at a time―not your whole closet.
- If your weight has fluctuated over the years, this method lets you pinpoint what fits now and bag memories of your body-size history.
- You might enjoy it, especially if you unearth a long-buried treasure.
“Follow this general rule of thumb to ensure you have enough wine to serve (without overbuying) at your next event....”
Want to know what recipes, rooms and other products I’m currently crushing on? C...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
It's a breakthrough that could help thousands of American soldiers returning fr...
While we're curious to see how 2014's version of The Real World San Fr...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Hospitality doesnt come naturally to everyone, but a little thoughtfulness can...