Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros
Shop in Your ClosetNext time you're putting away laundry or dry cleaning, grab an armful of clothes that you haven't worn since you can't remember when and try them on in front of a full-length mirror, suggests Jeanine Baron, founder of Streamliners Inc., an organizing company in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. Put the ones that you would want to buy again back into circulation; donate the rest.
- "The keepers must fit, be in style, and not need major alterations or repairs," says Baron.
- Don't let the mere fact that you paid a lot guilt you into keeping something. Your closet is prime real estate.
Why It Works
- You have to deal with only a few items of clothing at a time―not your whole closet.
- If your weight has fluctuated over the years, this method lets you pinpoint what fits now and bag memories of your body-size history.
- You might enjoy it, especially if you unearth a long-buried treasure.
Most Popular Galleries
“The coffee seems to be dripping in slow motion, the dog's walking around in circles without actually doing his business, the train can't come soon enough, and the elevator is taking forever! If this...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
Kate Middleton‘s immaculate outfits have been the highlight of her New Zea...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
In an attempt to help quell measles outbreaks, researchers have created a...
Relative to some holidays, Easter brunch can be just as stunning when kept simpl...
from POPSUGAR Home
You'll be face palming in no time. Read more: Cut Tomato , ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Interior designer Alice Black enjoyed working on this house so much, she woul...