Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros
Shop in Your ClosetNext time you're putting away laundry or dry cleaning, grab an armful of clothes that you haven't worn since you can't remember when and try them on in front of a full-length mirror, suggests Jeanine Baron, founder of Streamliners Inc., an organizing company in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. Put the ones that you would want to buy again back into circulation; donate the rest.
- "The keepers must fit, be in style, and not need major alterations or repairs," says Baron.
- Don't let the mere fact that you paid a lot guilt you into keeping something. Your closet is prime real estate.
Why It Works
- You have to deal with only a few items of clothing at a time―not your whole closet.
- If your weight has fluctuated over the years, this method lets you pinpoint what fits now and bag memories of your body-size history.
- You might enjoy it, especially if you unearth a long-buried treasure.
Most Popular Galleries
“If you arrange the refrigerator properly, you'll not only be able to find everything, but you're also less likely to waste food....”
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
When a pregnant teacher in Texas collapsed, her coworkers rushed to help. The w...
Got a girl grad in your life? We know what to get her! Go for something that wil...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Former “L.A. Ink” reality TV star Kat Von D hopes to sell her Gothic...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
One of the most common questions people have about their own home is, What s...