Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros
Seven strategies for getting rid of all the things you don't want, need, or even like.
Act Like You're MovingSay you had to uproot and relocate. What would you take with you? You don't actually have to pack up anything―just set aside the few things that you love and use and see what's left over. "Chances are, you use only 20 percent of your stuff regularly," says Sally Allen, owner of A Place for Everything, an organizing service in Golden, Colorado.
- Envision your home as a prospective buyer might: Uncluttered spaces make the best first impression. They're also a lot easier to keep clean and dust-free.
- Imagine the potential buyer (or, worse, a relative) going through your closets or drawers. What would you not want him or her to see?
- Buy containers and baskets only after you've decided what to keep. This way you'll have a much better sense of the kind of
storage you need.
Why It Works
- You don't have to get rid of things you love or need―you just have to determine what those things are.
- If you've ever packed and paid for a move, the motivation for paring down your possessions will be all too clear.
Next: Assess Your Rooms
“Follow this general rule of thumb to ensure you have enough wine to serve (without overbuying) at your next event....”
Want to know what recipes, rooms and other products I’m currently crushing on? C...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
It's a breakthrough that could help thousands of American soldiers returning fr...
Look back at the best home decor Instagrams from 2013 - Home Watch Kellan Lutz...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Hospitality doesnt come naturally to everyone, but a little thoughtfulness can...