Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros
Seven strategies for getting rid of all the things you don't want, need, or even like.
Act Like You're MovingSay you had to uproot and relocate. What would you take with you? You don't actually have to pack up anything―just set aside the few things that you love and use and see what's left over. "Chances are, you use only 20 percent of your stuff regularly," says Sally Allen, owner of A Place for Everything, an organizing service in Golden, Colorado.
- Envision your home as a prospective buyer might: Uncluttered spaces make the best first impression. They're also a lot easier to keep clean and dust-free.
- Imagine the potential buyer (or, worse, a relative) going through your closets or drawers. What would you not want him or her to see?
- Buy containers and baskets only after you've decided what to keep. This way you'll have a much better sense of the kind of
storage you need.
Why It Works
- You don't have to get rid of things you love or need―you just have to determine what those things are.
- If you've ever packed and paid for a move, the motivation for paring down your possessions will be all too clear.
Next: Assess Your Rooms
Most Popular Galleries
“You don’t need fancy equipment or professional decorating skills if you want to create gorgeous holiday cookies that look like they came from a fancy bakery. All you need, really, is a toothpick....”
You don’t need an army of elves—or a sleigh full of money—to make these tasty offerings. Find recipes and ideas for tasty gifts you can whip up from the comfort of your kitchen.
Horn accents are no longer just for the ranch or cabin! This natural material is...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
It’s a tricky time of year. Thanksgiving and Hanukkah are in the past, Ch...
Source: Artistic Designs For Living Serving up style: 5 dining rooms that do it...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwwVolkrLas When I was 14 years old, I wrote ...