Streamline Your Supplies
- Forever Stamps, so you don’t have to worry about changes in the postal rate.
- Personal stationery, for heartfelt notes.
- A black permanent marker, for addressing packages.
- A silver one, to use on dark paper.
- An angle-tip highlighter.
- Correction tape, to fix mistakes (similar to the liquid stuff, but without the drying time).
- Mechanical pencils, so you don’t need a bulky sharpener
- Titanium scissors, because they stay sharp for years.
- Aesthetically pleasing paper clips cost about the same as standard ones.
- Small and large sticky notes, for reminders, shopping lists, and epiphanies.
- A box of your favorite pens: Use (and lose) only one at a time.
- A classic stapler in a bright color that’s easy to spot, in case it escapes to another room.
- A weighted tape dispenser that holds a fat roll of tape.
- Beth Alcazar, organizing and cleaning blogger, The Neat Get Neater.
- Heather McNulty, co-owner of the stationery shop Rock Paper Scissors, in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Donna Smallin, author of A to Z Storage Solutions ($11, amazon.com).