Streamline Your Supplies
All You Need in Your Tool Kit
- A putty knife, for removing old caulk or opening paint cans.
- A standard flat-nose claw hammer (12 to 16 ounces) with a steel head.
- A multihead screwdriver: Phillips-head, flathead, and Torx (six-point star shape).
- A 12-volt cordless drill, for DIY work, like hanging curtains and mounting heavy art.
- Assorted fasteners: a kit with nuts, bolts, washers, anchors, and nails in various sizes.
- A C-clamp, for holding together glued pieces while they dry.
- Duct tape, for quick fixes, like patching a torn bicycle seat.
- A metal tape measure that’s at least an inch wide, so it won’t flop when extended.
- WD-40, for loosening rusty hinges.
- An adjustable wrench, instead of a set with different sizes.
- Needle-nose pliers, for minor jewelry repairs and pulling out small nails.
- Slip-joint pliers, which adjust to grip items of various sizes.
- A crosscut saw, 14 to 16 inches long, for small carpentry projects.
- Ken Brooks, owner of Northbrook Construction Management, in North Bend, Washington.
- Tim Chopko, carpenter in Newark, Delaware.
- Janet Rickstrew, cofounder and CEO of girl-friendly tool company Tomboy Tools (tomboytools.com).
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
If Robin Thicke and Paula Patton were decor elements, you’d think they wou...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A health official says a senior doctor working at Liberia's largest hospital ha...
You may be strapped for cash, but that doesn't mean your home has to be str...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Last we checked, ice cream is supposed to melt if it isn't kept chilled. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
For those who love the idea of clear glass cabinet doors but don’t think their...