Streamline Your Supplies
All You Need in Your Tool Kit
- A putty knife, for removing old caulk or opening paint cans.
- A standard flat-nose claw hammer (12 to 16 ounces) with a steel head.
- A multihead screwdriver: Phillips-head, flathead, and Torx (six-point star shape).
- A 12-volt cordless drill, for DIY work, like hanging curtains and mounting heavy art.
- Assorted fasteners: a kit with nuts, bolts, washers, anchors, and nails in various sizes.
- A C-clamp, for holding together glued pieces while they dry.
- Duct tape, for quick fixes, like patching a torn bicycle seat.
- A metal tape measure that’s at least an inch wide, so it won’t flop when extended.
- WD-40, for loosening rusty hinges.
- An adjustable wrench, instead of a set with different sizes.
- Needle-nose pliers, for minor jewelry repairs and pulling out small nails.
- Slip-joint pliers, which adjust to grip items of various sizes.
- A crosscut saw, 14 to 16 inches long, for small carpentry projects.
- Ken Brooks, owner of Northbrook Construction Management, in North Bend, Washington.
- Tim Chopko, carpenter in Newark, Delaware.
- Janet Rickstrew, cofounder and CEO of girl-friendly tool company Tomboy Tools (tomboytools.com).
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Scientists have developed a blood test that they say could lead to an early dia...
Zero in on Nicole Kidman's Grace Kelly ensembles - Fashion Fill up on the f...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Lets face it: Most of us are afraid of using pattern of any kind on large uphol...