Streamline Your Supplies
All You Need in Your Tool Kit
- A putty knife, for removing old caulk or opening paint cans.
- A standard flat-nose claw hammer (12 to 16 ounces) with a steel head.
- A multihead screwdriver: Phillips-head, flathead, and Torx (six-point star shape).
- A 12-volt cordless drill, for DIY work, like hanging curtains and mounting heavy art.
- Assorted fasteners: a kit with nuts, bolts, washers, anchors, and nails in various sizes.
- A C-clamp, for holding together glued pieces while they dry.
- Duct tape, for quick fixes, like patching a torn bicycle seat.
- A metal tape measure that’s at least an inch wide, so it won’t flop when extended.
- WD-40, for loosening rusty hinges.
- An adjustable wrench, instead of a set with different sizes.
- Needle-nose pliers, for minor jewelry repairs and pulling out small nails.
- Slip-joint pliers, which adjust to grip items of various sizes.
- A crosscut saw, 14 to 16 inches long, for small carpentry projects.
- Ken Brooks, owner of Northbrook Construction Management, in North Bend, Washington.
- Tim Chopko, carpenter in Newark, Delaware.
- Janet Rickstrew, cofounder and CEO of girl-friendly tool company Tomboy Tools (tomboytools.com).
Most Popular Galleries
“It’s possible that espadrilles are the ultimate spring shoe. They unmistakably welcome warmer weather, but they provide enough protection (and warmth) for those days that just didn’t quite get the...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A woman has given birth to a more than 13-pound baby at a southeastern Pennsylv...
In the heart of Soho sits a classic, New York apartment with a California soul. ...
from POPSUGAR Home
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (AP) — What was supposed to be a cheap bite at Del Taco turn...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
On Easter Sunday candy-colored baskets will be out in full force. But as anyone...