Streamline Your Supplies
Real Simple asked the pros: What do you really need in your desk, toolbox, and more.
All You Need in Your Medicine Cabinet
- Children’s ibuprofen and acetaminophen (your doctor may recommend either).
- Calamine lotion, for insect bites and exposure to itch-inducing plants.
- Floss picks: easier for kids.
- Dental floss: better for adults.
- One tube of toothpaste: Stock extras where there’s more room.
- Replacement toothbrushes, for forgetful overnight guests.
- A digital thermometer: quicker and safer than the breakable version.
- Tweezers with angled tips, for splinters.
- A small nail clipper.
- Chewable antacids work for kids and adults.
- Shea butter, for chapped lips and cheeks.
- Kids’ cough medicine, in a favorite flavor.
- Hydrocortisone cream, for rashes, eczema, and skin irritation.
- An antibiotic ointment, for killing bacteria and soothing cuts.
- Alcohol pads (instead of a big bottle), for disinfecting.
- Flexible bandages in a multipack, including some giant-size ones for big scrapes.
- Acetaminophen and ibuprofen, for adult aches.
- Benadryl, an oral antihistamine, for allergic reactions.
- Hard-core cough syrup for grown-ups.
- Saline nasal spray: a small bottle for each family member, so you don’t pass on germs.
- Betsy Ellis, school nurse in Memphis.
- Jenny Kuzjak, emergency-room nurse in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Julie Kardos and Naline Lai, pediatricians in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and founders of the blog Two Peds in a Pod.
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Marine Corps officials have repeatedly said that federal environmental regulati...
If you're ever in Los Angeles, make it a point to visit La Brea Avenue'...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Feel free to repin....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
A love of restoring junk to its former glory led a professional Porsche driver ...