Streamline Your Supplies
Real Simple asked the pros: What do you really need in your desk, toolbox, and more.
All You Need in Your Medicine Cabinet
- Children’s ibuprofen and acetaminophen (your doctor may recommend either).
- Calamine lotion, for insect bites and exposure to itch-inducing plants.
- Floss picks: easier for kids.
- Dental floss: better for adults.
- One tube of toothpaste: Stock extras where there’s more room.
- Replacement toothbrushes, for forgetful overnight guests.
- A digital thermometer: quicker and safer than the breakable version.
- Tweezers with angled tips, for splinters.
- A small nail clipper.
- Chewable antacids work for kids and adults.
- Shea butter, for chapped lips and cheeks.
- Kids’ cough medicine, in a favorite flavor.
- Hydrocortisone cream, for rashes, eczema, and skin irritation.
- An antibiotic ointment, for killing bacteria and soothing cuts.
- Alcohol pads (instead of a big bottle), for disinfecting.
- Flexible bandages in a multipack, including some giant-size ones for big scrapes.
- Acetaminophen and ibuprofen, for adult aches.
- Benadryl, an oral antihistamine, for allergic reactions.
- Hard-core cough syrup for grown-ups.
- Saline nasal spray: a small bottle for each family member, so you don’t pass on germs.
- Betsy Ellis, school nurse in Memphis.
- Jenny Kuzjak, emergency-room nurse in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Julie Kardos and Naline Lai, pediatricians in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and founders of the blog Two Peds in a Pod.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Excel spreadsheets are usually used to track the most banal of things: budgets t...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Itching and pain on suspicious skin lesions may indicate that the area is cance...
6 ways to add henna into your beauty routine - Beauty Blake Lively reveals swee...
from POPSUGAR Home
In France, this cut from the short loin section of the animal is known as “bavet...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
If you are new to gardening with native plants and are looking for a good intro...