Constantly traipsing inside to grab extra cups or ice isn’t much fun. Be a happy host, not a harried one, with these smart helpers.
1. Storage bench. Who wants to drag chaise cushions to the basement when it starts to drizzle? Lift the lid of this faux-wicker box and toss them in. You can use it to set drinks on, too. It has a water-resistant liner and can stay outdoors all year long. For a similar product, $275, ivgstores.com.
2. Ice chest. Made of insect- and weather-resistant cedar, it doubles as a side table when the lid is placed on top. For a similar product, $140, amazon.com.
3. Beverage caddy. Complete with a wooden handle, this galvanized-metal holder ($29, potterybarn.com) is roomy enough to fit bottles of wine or sparkling lemonade.
4. Console. Shop for a weather-resistant, solid-wood outdoor entertaining console. This one accommodates a copper ice bucket plus has a hanging wineglass rack.
5. Containers. These stackable, airtight square Pop plastic vessels ($50 for 5-piece set, oxo.com) ensure that condiments and utensils remain clean and critter-free.
6. Fish poacher. It’s been gathering dust since you got it as a wedding present, right? Use it―or this stainless-steel model ($54, Warren Kitchen & Cutlery, 845-876-6208)―to store barbecue tools outdoors so they won’t rust.
7. Hose pot. Never let them see―or trip over―your hose. Keep it handy but hidden in a steel Green Zen hose pot.