19 Mudroom, Laundry Room, and Garage Organizing Tricks
8. Vessla rolling storage crates (shown) stack neatly and have casters, so they’re easy to move around.
To buy: $7.50 each, including lid; ikea.com for stores.
9. Use the adjustable bright orange Bayco K-175 Cord Storage Strap to corral garden hoses, extension cords, and holiday lights.
To buy: $2, amazon.com.
10. Install a drapery rod in the laundry room as an extra-long drying rack for sheets and tablecloths. Add finials for a decorative touch.
11. Snap rake and broom handles of varying widths into the OXO Expandable Wall-Mounted unit.
To buy: $25, amazon.com.
12. In the mudroom or the entryway, assign a colored box or basket to each family member for holding items they want to grab as they leave the house.
13. Place the lids of large plastic storage tubs on the floor underneath pet-food bowls to contain spills, or use them in the garage or the mudroom to hold wet boots.
14. Store shoes, ornaments, wrapping paper, and other objects in empty wine boxes.*