Don’t Lose Your Belongings
Tools and tricks for keeping track of everything from toys to keys to just-washed socks.
Your Wallet and More
- Choose a wallet in a vivid color, so it stands out inside your dark purse. Keep it in a zippered pocket, and always return it there.
- Try not to change bags too often. "Transferring between purses creates more opportunities for losing stuff," says Lisa Zaslow, owner of Gotham Organizers, in New York City.
- Use Velcro to attach the remote to the side of the TV when it's not in use.
- Use an electronic finder system.
- If you primarily wear your sunglasses for driving, "leave them in the car," says James O'Connor, president of Clutter Control, a home-organization service in Lake Forest, Illinois. "Or designate a place for them near the front or back door. Don't bring them any further into your home, where they may be misplaced."
- Designate a fabric-lined tray for your reading glasses next to your chair or nightstand. Don't set them down anywhere else.
- Use an eyeglass chain to keep your specs securely on your neck ($18 and up, snootyjewelry.com).
- Get eyeglass cases in bright colors to make locating them easier.
- Keep all your credit cards in the same wallet.
- When making a purchase, keep your card in view at all times, and ask for it back as soon as the cashier has completed the transaction.
- Photocopy your cards, front and back, making sure the customer-service phone numbers are legible. Put the copies in your filing cabinet under C. If you need to cancel a card, you'll have all the necessary numbers ready.
- Always store your phone in the same pocket of your purse.
- Keep your phone in a case and "use the clip on the case to attach it to the pocket," says Nokia's Keith Nowak. "If the purse tips over, the phone won't go flying out."
- Always keep your charger plugged into the same outlet, preferably one in plain view.
Next: Bills and Keys
Most Popular Galleries
“It’s possible that espadrilles are the ultimate spring shoe. They unmistakably welcome warmer weather, but they provide enough protection (and warmth) for those days that just didn’t quite get the...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
While any coffee will provide some healthy payoffs, you need to pick the right ...
Nothing makes us more pin-crazy than statement lighting - and this dining room b...
from POPSUGAR Home
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (AP) — What was supposed to be a cheap bite at Del Taco turn...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
On Easter Sunday candy-colored baskets will be out in full force. But as anyone...