Don’t Lose Your Belongings
Tools and tricks for keeping track of everything from toys to keys to just-washed socks.
Your Wallet and More
- Choose a wallet in a vivid color, so it stands out inside your dark purse. Keep it in a zippered pocket, and always return it there.
- Try not to change bags too often. "Transferring between purses creates more opportunities for losing stuff," says Lisa Zaslow, owner of Gotham Organizers, in New York City.
- Use Velcro to attach the remote to the side of the TV when it's not in use.
- Use an electronic finder system.
- If you primarily wear your sunglasses for driving, "leave them in the car," says James O'Connor, president of Clutter Control, a home-organization service in Lake Forest, Illinois. "Or designate a place for them near the front or back door. Don't bring them any further into your home, where they may be misplaced."
- Designate a fabric-lined tray for your reading glasses next to your chair or nightstand. Don't set them down anywhere else.
- Use an eyeglass chain to keep your specs securely on your neck ($18 and up, snootyjewelry.com).
- Get eyeglass cases in bright colors to make locating them easier.
- Keep all your credit cards in the same wallet.
- When making a purchase, keep your card in view at all times, and ask for it back as soon as the cashier has completed the transaction.
- Photocopy your cards, front and back, making sure the customer-service phone numbers are legible. Put the copies in your filing cabinet under C. If you need to cancel a card, you'll have all the necessary numbers ready.
- Always store your phone in the same pocket of your purse.
- Keep your phone in a case and "use the clip on the case to attach it to the pocket," says Nokia's Keith Nowak. "If the purse tips over, the phone won't go flying out."
- Always keep your charger plugged into the same outlet, preferably one in plain view.
Next: Bills and Keys
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Technology and medicine are working together in a smart new way - by putting sp...
The allure of living in a sprawling prefab nestled on a scenic plot of land is u...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
If youre planning to remodel your bathroom, you want to update the look, incre...