New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Laundry Room Items
New Uses for Wire Hangers
- Hold your hoses: Use a wire cutter to snip a hanger into a few six-inch lengths. Bend each one into an arch, then use them as "staples" for keeping a soaker hose in place in flower beds.
- Reach new heights: Untwist a hanger and use it to adjust out-of-reach air-conditioner vents. Also good for retrieving objects that have slipped between the stove or the refrigerator and cabinets.
- Make a utility strainer: Pull the hanger into a roughly round shape, cover it with a panty-hose leg, and use it to strain anything you wouldn't want to put through your kitchen colander.
- Bend one into a giant bubble wand for kids (of all ages): Use one part dish detergent and one part water to make your own bubble solution.
- Remove static cling: To prevent sticky situations, run the long side of a wire hanger over a skirt, or between your skirt and panty hose or slip.
Most Popular Galleries
“Highlighters are one of those cosmetics that I’ve written about a million times but never really used until recently. I’ve always found they make me look more greasy than glow-y. But then I...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
Even if you didn’t go to Coachella this year, you can still don a flower h...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved GlaxoSmithKline Plc's Tanzeum in...
Mirror, mirror on the wall, here are the best styling tricks of them all! We fou...
from POPSUGAR Home
Some foods are so simple, so easy, that they don't even seem worth talking ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Solar-powered homes were a rarity as recently as a decade ago. But a plethora o...