New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Laundry Room Items
New Uses for Wire Hangers
- Hold your hoses: Use a wire cutter to snip a hanger into a few six-inch lengths. Bend each one into an arch, then use them as "staples" for keeping a soaker hose in place in flower beds.
- Reach new heights: Untwist a hanger and use it to adjust out-of-reach air-conditioner vents. Also good for retrieving objects that have slipped between the stove or the refrigerator and cabinets.
- Make a utility strainer: Pull the hanger into a roughly round shape, cover it with a panty-hose leg, and use it to strain anything you wouldn't want to put through your kitchen colander.
- Bend one into a giant bubble wand for kids (of all ages): Use one part dish detergent and one part water to make your own bubble solution.
- Remove static cling: To prevent sticky situations, run the long side of a wire hanger over a skirt, or between your skirt and panty hose or slip.
Most Popular Galleries
“Fresh out of creative ideas for your mother-in-law? If your ever-growing holiday shopping list is overwhelming, don't stress just yet....”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
With flu season's early start this year, and strains of the virus hitting unluc...
Pantone has announced its color of the year for 2014, Radiant Orchid, and the sh...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
As the winds whip and the temperatures plunge, theres nothing better than escap...