New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Laundry Room Items
A few surprising spins on utility-room essentials.
New Uses for Bleach Bottles
- Pick up a scoop: Cut diagonally across the middle of an empty, clean bottle and use the half with the handle to scoop up fertilizer, rock salt, or pet waste.
- See your garden grow: Slice the bottom off an empty, clean jug to make a miniature greenhouse for seedlings. (Place the bottle open-side down over the plants.)
- Start a home gym: Fill two empty bottles with sand and use as dumbbells.
- Keep them afloat: Tie empty bottles together to use as buoys or to mark the deep part of a swimming area.
- Speak up: Cut off the bottle's base to make a megaphone for refereeing pickup soccer games in the park.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Our collection of time-tested favorite cookies will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.