New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Laundry Room Items
A few surprising spins on utility-room essentials.
New Uses for Bleach Bottles
- Pick up a scoop: Cut diagonally across the middle of an empty, clean bottle and use the half with the handle to scoop up fertilizer, rock salt, or pet waste.
- See your garden grow: Slice the bottom off an empty, clean jug to make a miniature greenhouse for seedlings. (Place the bottle open-side down over the plants.)
- Start a home gym: Fill two empty bottles with sand and use as dumbbells.
- Keep them afloat: Tie empty bottles together to use as buoys or to mark the deep part of a swimming area.
- Speak up: Cut off the bottle's base to make a megaphone for refereeing pickup soccer games in the park.
“Before April showers begin to bring May flowers, outsmart the rain with this easy tip: The next time the weather forecast calls for precipitation, toss a plastic bag into your purse with your...”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A pediatric cancer charity is offering to pay for 7-year-old cancer survivor Jo...
Burke Decor: Celebrate Mardis Gras week with 25 percent off purchases with code...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Erik and Lisa Craighead love to travel. We have intense wanderlust and love ren...