New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
- Keep cakes intact: Push a piece of spaghetti into the top of a cake to keep plastic wrap or a soft box lid from smudging the frosting.
- Mark your page in a cookbook: Use a single slender stick to hold your place.
- Spear hors d'oeuvres on party platters: Hot foods might soften the noodles, so this works best for cold fare, like cherry tomatoes and chunks of mozzarella and basil.
- Light candles: When you don't have long matches but you do have plenty of candles, use a piece of spaghetti to fire them all up in one go. Also handy for lighting a candle in a deep holder.
- Test baked goods to see if they're done: Poke a piece of spaghetti into the center; if it comes out clean, your treat is ready to eat.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Date night can take on lots of forms: extreme, creative, outdoor and offbeatR...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Liberia's president declared a curfew and ordered security forces to quarantine...
Move over, Ellen DeGeneres, because there's a new celebrity house flipper i...
from POPSUGAR Home
Taco Bell is taking notes from McDonald's. Read more: Taco...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
In our home the end of summer ushers in back-to-school time for our three child...