New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
- Keep cakes intact: Push a piece of spaghetti into the top of a cake to keep plastic wrap or a soft box lid from smudging the frosting.
- Mark your page in a cookbook: Use a single slender stick to hold your place.
- Spear hors d'oeuvres on party platters: Hot foods might soften the noodles, so this works best for cold fare, like cherry tomatoes and chunks of mozzarella and basil.
- Light candles: When you don't have long matches but you do have plenty of candles, use a piece of spaghetti to fire them all up in one go. Also handy for lighting a candle in a deep holder.
- Test baked goods to see if they're done: Poke a piece of spaghetti into the center; if it comes out clean, your treat is ready to eat.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“No cherry pitter? No problem! Use one of these simple methods to enjoy the tasty fruit, even without a fancy kitchen gadget....”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Energy drinks have been getting a lot of press these days – and with thei...
Fire up the grill and throw a patriotic party with these entertaining essentials...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
If you skipped spring cleaning and are now looking at some much needed summer cl...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
If youve seen one of the advanced console games that have come out recently, su...