New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
- Keep cakes intact: Push a piece of spaghetti into the top of a cake to keep plastic wrap or a soft box lid from smudging the frosting.
- Mark your page in a cookbook: Use a single slender stick to hold your place.
- Spear hors d'oeuvres on party platters: Hot foods might soften the noodles, so this works best for cold fare, like cherry tomatoes and chunks of mozzarella and basil.
- Light candles: When you don't have long matches but you do have plenty of candles, use a piece of spaghetti to fire them all up in one go. Also handy for lighting a candle in a deep holder.
- Test baked goods to see if they're done: Poke a piece of spaghetti into the center; if it comes out clean, your treat is ready to eat.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
If Robin Thicke and Paula Patton were decor elements, you’d think they wou...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Whatever the latest food trend—chia seeds, coconut flour, kale chips̵...
Since we all love a good before and after (who doesn't?), here are five of ...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Last we checked, ice cream is supposed to melt if it isn't kept chilled. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Ahh, the sun! It’s energizing and exciting. Sunflowers give off the same vibe a...