New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Ice Cube Trays
- Display dessert toppings: Use an ice-cube tray to offer up ice cream embellishments, such as sprinkles, cherries, and chopped nuts.
- Cut cookie dough: Roll the dough flat, then press an upside-down ice-cube tray into it for a dozen or more identical treats. Use trays with different shapes (stars, hearts) for miniature holiday cookies.
- Organize desk supplies: Contain small items like thumbtacks and paper clips, or sewing notions, like buttons, beads, hooks, and eyes.
- Inspire creativity: Mix paints for the kids' art projects in a tray's compartments.
- Freeze extra pesto: And leftover cooking wine, broth, and sauces for cooking. Then store the cubes in plastic freezer bags until you're ready to use them.
Next: Uncooked Spaghetti
Most Popular Galleries
“It’s possible that espadrilles are the ultimate spring shoe. They unmistakably welcome warmer weather, but they provide enough protection (and warmth) for those days that just didn’t quite get the...”
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
While any coffee will provide some healthy payoffs, you need to pick the right ...
One year after the tragedy, see Boston through a runner's eyes - Fitness Go...
from POPSUGAR Home
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (AP) — What was supposed to be a cheap bite at Del Taco turn...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The dream of a summer lake house seems to exist for a lot of us, perhaps plante...