New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Ice Cube Trays
- Display dessert toppings: Use an ice-cube tray to offer up ice cream embellishments, such as sprinkles, cherries, and chopped nuts.
- Cut cookie dough: Roll the dough flat, then press an upside-down ice-cube tray into it for a dozen or more identical treats. Use trays with different shapes (stars, hearts) for miniature holiday cookies.
- Organize desk supplies: Contain small items like thumbtacks and paper clips, or sewing notions, like buttons, beads, hooks, and eyes.
- Inspire creativity: Mix paints for the kids' art projects in a tray's compartments.
- Freeze extra pesto: And leftover cooking wine, broth, and sauces for cooking. Then store the cubes in plastic freezer bags until you're ready to use them.
Next: Uncooked Spaghetti
Most Popular Galleries
“You *know* you ought to take the stairs instead of the elevator and floss every night… and yet, sometimes not doing those good-for-you extra steps is all the more tempting. If you’re a parent and...”
Even though William Shakespeare would have turned 450 years old today, his plays...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Two recent deaths and increased emergency room visits in Colorado have highligh...
Our recipe for instant Spring can be pulled off in just a day - no time-consumin...
from POPSUGAR Home
You can now buy a six-pack of beer flavored lollipops. Yep, we're intereste...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
A lot has been written about the innovative spirit of San Francisco and its env...