New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Ice Cube Trays
- Display dessert toppings: Use an ice-cube tray to offer up ice cream embellishments, such as sprinkles, cherries, and chopped nuts.
- Cut cookie dough: Roll the dough flat, then press an upside-down ice-cube tray into it for a dozen or more identical treats. Use trays with different shapes (stars, hearts) for miniature holiday cookies.
- Organize desk supplies: Contain small items like thumbtacks and paper clips, or sewing notions, like buttons, beads, hooks, and eyes.
- Inspire creativity: Mix paints for the kids' art projects in a tray's compartments.
- Freeze extra pesto: And leftover cooking wine, broth, and sauces for cooking. Then store the cubes in plastic freezer bags until you're ready to use them.
Next: Uncooked Spaghetti
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Yes, they’re annoying--and, yes, there are ways to deal. ...
Your square footage is set in stone, but if your space feels stuffed with stuff,...
from POPSUGAR Home
Chocolate bourbon bacon pie is never a mistake. Read more: #Hpfo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
It’s back-to-school time, and one great way to support your budding or independ...