New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Ice Cube Trays
- Display dessert toppings: Use an ice-cube tray to offer up ice cream embellishments, such as sprinkles, cherries, and chopped nuts.
- Cut cookie dough: Roll the dough flat, then press an upside-down ice-cube tray into it for a dozen or more identical treats. Use trays with different shapes (stars, hearts) for miniature holiday cookies.
- Organize desk supplies: Contain small items like thumbtacks and paper clips, or sewing notions, like buttons, beads, hooks, and eyes.
- Inspire creativity: Mix paints for the kids' art projects in a tray's compartments.
- Freeze extra pesto: And leftover cooking wine, broth, and sauces for cooking. Then store the cubes in plastic freezer bags until you're ready to use them.
Next: Uncooked Spaghetti
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
You already know snack foods like chips, crackers, and pretzels pack a lot of s...
We have finally found the perfect mix of high and low decor, and it rests in Cai...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
If youre planning to remodel your bathroom, you want to update the look, incre...