New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Ice Cube Trays
- Display dessert toppings: Use an ice-cube tray to offer up ice cream embellishments, such as sprinkles, cherries, and chopped nuts.
- Cut cookie dough: Roll the dough flat, then press an upside-down ice-cube tray into it for a dozen or more identical treats. Use trays with different shapes (stars, hearts) for miniature holiday cookies.
- Organize desk supplies: Contain small items like thumbtacks and paper clips, or sewing notions, like buttons, beads, hooks, and eyes.
- Inspire creativity: Mix paints for the kids' art projects in a tray's compartments.
- Freeze extra pesto: And leftover cooking wine, broth, and sauces for cooking. Then store the cubes in plastic freezer bags until you're ready to use them.
Next: Uncooked Spaghetti
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
If you’re a sucker for old-Hollywood glamour, art-deco accents and like to...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Camp Kesem aims to give children of cancer patients an escape to an environment...
Beyoncé and Jay Z's On the Run Tour isn't the only reason people are b...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Tofu McNuggets are here, WHAT'S NEXT?! Read more: Mcdonald...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
There are some shades that stand confidently apart from fashion and resist any ...